Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Cheating Make if Fun?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've never really liked cheating. I like the accomplishment of being able to say you've done it yourself, but I'm not totally against the idea. If I'm really, really stuck, I'll look up a FAQ online occassionally. And some cheats are fun if they give you unlimited ammo, invincibility, etc., but I only like to use them after actually beating a game fair and square the first time through.

Blog Entries

I usually like to beat the game first them later if I'm bored I'll see how it is with codes and such to go over and see if I missed things and not go through the hassle of leveling up and all that.

yeah cheating for me sometimes makes it easier, but I like to actually beat the game first. With any game, racing, shooting, RPG, any...I like to beat it first...because it's for me more fun to beat it without the use of codes and cheats.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

It depends on the game, really. For example, I've found that, for me at least, Grand Theft Auto 3 is only fun when you cheat. I don't care in the least about the missions, when I play that I just want to get a tank and rampage, or take a sniper rifle and shoot pimps. Or in Final Fantasies - sometimes I just get so sick of the random encounters that I want to turn them off, and so I do.

On the other hand, I've never cheated on any of the legend of zelda series, I've made a legitimate lvl 110 character in PSO, I unlocked everything in Soul Calibur 2 and Mario Kart: Double Dash without cheating, ect. Those are games that yeah, feel to me like it sucks to cheat at. And multiplayer games, cheating on those sucks too.
    Sig under construction.

I pretty well play the game through with the assistance of a walkthrough or strategy guide. I limit the use of this aid to when I really can't figure out what needs to be done.

As far as using code inputing devices I use them but only after I have finished playing the game all the way through. During the second go round I use codes that give 1,000 or more experience points/battle and things like 65,000+ gold/battle. I don't use the have all items codes.

Some codes allow you to have infinite items though and I do use them as I only need to purchase one of an item.

All I have to say is that codes got Cloud to Lv. 99 w/ 2 Ultima Weapon's in Final Fantasy 7 in under 10 minutes!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like cheating unless I see it as absolutely necessary, or until the second playthrough. Doom 3 is an entirely different games with cheats.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What qualifies as cheating: If your stuck in a game for a really long time and use a walk-through right there to get on with the game it's not cheating. If you use the walk-through to hold your hand through the entire game your cheating. Asking a friend for help isn't cheating. That was one of the coolest things about NES games before this darn internet thingy. Hacking to change images isn't cheating. You gain no advantage, just different looks. Hacking that changes stats or equipment or abilities is cheating. Sure maphack is convenient for experienced players ofD2, but it's still cheating. Cheating can make the game more fun though. It adds elements to the game not originally there. You can sort of customize the game to your liking. Giving Terra in FFVI shock instead of morph is UBER>3.

If its about ff than im real against it.....i wouldnt be fun

with the exception of using a guide when your stuck cheating is not fun...

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

I use guides in Rpg's and I definitely use guides in real time strategies and I guess I am cheating. I *RARELY* use codes for cheats. I only do that when I have a) completed a game or b) have spent like a week trying to get past a certain part with guides (this is on real time strategy I get this problem)

I pratically never cheat on survival horror games though. I like too look for the clues myself and I never use the more ammo/health cheats on 'em. I just bite my tounge and think of different strategies.

I guess what it comes down to for me is whether I'm really gonna slog it out and try hard or am just gonna put it back on the shelf and never bother again. Like I've never completed FF X (cuz it sucked in my opinion) but completed FF IV in two weeks and most of my survival horror games have been finished (completed RE 1, 2, 3 and code veronica and also completed silent hill 1, 2 and am going through 3 atm) So if I know I won't bother then chances are I'll cheat. Storyline means a lot to me. If I know all the story then I won't bother but if I don't then it lessens my chances of cheating and heightens my chances of sticking it out.

Cheating can be fun if you've beaten the game or can't get through a severely difficult part of the game.

Like in FF8, who the hell wants to junction and all that crap? I just gave Squall his Lionheart and gave everyone max strength and Meteo and stuff...I didn't want to keep drawing everytime. In most FF games, building your stats is fun at first...but becomes a pain when you do it for lengthy amounts of time.

I mean rampaging is fun in GTAVC, but it be nice if you didn't die while doing it. Which is why infinite ammo and life codes help. Sawing up policemen is hilarious, so is popping caps into people's head in the middle of the street and not a damn thing the cops can do about it.