Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant wrong numbers

Default Constant wrong numbers

Does anyone else have someone who constantly calls thier phone, thinking it's someone else?

I, for instance, have some guy who leaves messages on my cell phone, and he thinks I'm sleeping with his wife. He claims that someone from this number called for his wife. I imagine if I ever actually pick it up while he calls it'll be pretty awkward.
    Last edited by Advent Child; 02-19-2004 at 10:19 PM.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That happens to me on occasion. Sometimes people call and right when I pick up they're like, "oh sorry, wrong number". Seriously folks, watch what you dial.

My number at home is somewhat the same as a trucking service in town so we get people phoning that all the time.

At residence, a load of our numbers look the same so it's not uncommon to get phonecalls for people who live next door...but if that happens I usualy take my phone and give it to them anyways.

Some old people keep calling and asking for somebody named "Norma"

at least twice a week someone calls my house asking for Speedy's Pizza and Dawn of Essence Hair Salon.:mog:
    I'm back bitches!!!

Articles

I get people with heavy Indian or Mexican accents that call here occassionally.

Our first 3 digits in our area are 292 and 294, and my grandparents constantly get calls asking for Long John Silver's, which begins with 294, but they're 292. We don't get anything, really, though.

Our phone lines used to be crossed with someone else's, so when someone called our house the phone would ring at their house too, or vice-versa. We had a lot of weird three-way conversations that way until it got fixed.

I unplugged my phone, so if we get wrong numbers I don't know about it.
    lol signature

Our old number used to be the same number as the local single's service. The lady who ran it never bothered to change the number on all of their ads, so we got a lot of people calling asking about parties and whatnot. One time this French guy called and asked my mum or sister (can't remember which) "Hey, Laurel, are we getting it on tonight?" *@_@*

It got pretty annoying after a while, because we couldn't track the woman down to ask her to change the number. Oh, well. =X

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Okay:

There is two area codes near where I used to live: 905 and 416 ("416 to the 905" -- Maestro). A while ago they didn't institute a "use the area code for everything" rule, so people who were from the 416 area code kept calling my dad's company (ie: his cell) thinking it was the 905 number. Now seriously, how dumb do you ahve to be? It's a different area code altogether, but same phone#. Sheesh.

This guy named Eugene once called our house and left a message on the machine trying to get in contact with a woman named Carol. I think she gave him the wrong phone number on purpose, and I feel kinda bad for him. My dad is evil, so he saved the message and plays it whenever he feels like laughing at somebody. xD Poor Eugene.

When I was living in France, this guy kept ringing my mobile and leaving voice messages asking for 'Olivier'.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My phone number is close to the one of an old lady so I always get calls from her grand kids or when my frinds misdial, she picks up, its kinda weird. My mom's number is one digit off for the Sears Fax number in Quebec City and she always gets that modem sound in the phone when she picks up xD
    Too big.