Thread: It ended so... suddenly *possible spoilers*

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Default It ended so... suddenly *possible spoilers*

Was it just me, or did CC just end out of the blue? I mean... you were in the thick things, then suddenly, out of the bule you're fighting the (SPOILER)time devourer and wham, the game's over.

You didn't use the Chrono Cross properly in the last Time Devourer battle. Remember the sequence of colours the Cryosphinx gave you in that riddle? What you're supposed to do is wait for that sequence of colours to come up (or make it happen yourself, but Lavos ALMOST casts spells in that order anyway) and then use the chrono cross after the six colours are used. (I think it's yellow, red, green, blue, black, white, but don't quote me on that).

Square did a crap job of explaining that you're supposed to do that, though, so I can see where the confusion arises. I had the same problem my first trip through the game

The entirety of Disc Two was a bit rushed, storyline-wise, I thought, but in particular the events right before and right after the final battle weren't given enough attention. (SPOILER)Lynx=Wazuki? That should have been bloody HUGE, but they glossed right over that one. gj square.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

FFXIV Character

Yup, that whole thing was kinda rushed. Oh well, I'll just haffa try it again, and thanks.

Originally posted by The Man
    Remember the sequence of colours the Cryosphinx gave you in that riddle? What you're supposed to do is wait for that sequence of colours to come up (or make it happen yourself, but Lavos ALMOST casts spells in that order anyway) and then use the chrono cross after the six colours are used. (I think it's yellow, red, green, blue, black, white, but don't quote me on that).
    i dont remember the Criosphinx saying anything about the CC......
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

No, but the order of colours that you use to answer his riddle is exactly the same as the order of colours you use to defeat Lavos with the CC.

FFXIV Character

Oh... thanks. I'll remamber that.

i've taken Latin for almost two years, and his riddle was "Quid hominis es?(Are you human?)"
    so i dunno how the CC is the answer...
    then he/she says: "What? You say you cannot answer my question? Mala es! (you are bad!)"

but ok, i'll go and use the six colors on him as you said.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

FFXIV Character

If I ever get released from the endless amounts of homework tht my teachers put on me, I'll do that too.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The six colors are also mentioned in other places in the game. The elemental order in which you fight the first version of Time Devourer (I think it's actually the Dragon God. Good job, Square translators!) is exactly the same which you need to power up the Chrono Cross: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Black, White, CC.

But yeah, I think Chrono Cross is a very rushed game especially on Disc 2.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if the fight against the Dragon God took place in the same six-colour order actually. I didn't pay close enough attention at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if it were present in every six-element sequence of the game, actually.

FFXIV Character

Dragon God? I didn't use hardly any elements on him, he was an easy enough fight without them.

You don't need to use any elements against the Dragon God, really. If I remember the order the Dragon God changes innate colours though, that's the order you need to use elements against Lavos before using the Chrono Cross (minus the white at the beginning).

FFXIV Character

Oh... that does make sense, I guess.