Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Fire inside (AFI)

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> All the STS songs rock, Death of Seasons is my least fav from the album and I still think is great..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

Yeah, the entire CD is great,

Cynnau

the entire sing the sorrows cd is awesome. art of drowning, black sails..they are all great. davey is as good in concert as i was told, their performances are excellent.

AFI..........agggghhhh

Over here, stupid teens (I.E: my friends xD) Label it wrongly and now I can't stand them "suddenly" liking them. I mean, i liked the Pumpkins and now someoens going on how great they were and they only have one album "Adore" or their concept one......hate rages inside

Anyway, AFI, are pretty good, when I dont have some dumb guy saying "I love that, it's punk!".....

F*** 'em their dumb......all the goths i know only listen to Marilyn Manson and call themselves Goths.....hahaha

AFI are good, and Girls Not Grey is my fave

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> But some previous AFI albums are Punk indeed, they even made Misfit`s covers like "Halloween".
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Do any of you guys have any AFI art on your body? I've got the Nephilim from the Art of Drowning CD on my right shoulder. I still can't believe how much they've progressed. Like I said, they were one of my favorite bands before Sing the Sorrow, but now that that album is out it's the only AFI album I listen to and I do it on a daily basis. Sing the Sorrow, Bad Religion's "Against the Grain," Tool's "Lateralus" and Pennywise's "About Time" are my favorite albums of all time, with Sing the Sorrow as my single favorite ever. Even the B-sides are amazing.

Really, I could care less what someone else labels AFI as because to me they transcend genre. They really defy being categorized simply because they are so unique.

Oh yeah, you guys must live in more open-minded areas because I can remember when I was in high school and I was one of very few people who actually knew of and like AFI. (The handful of other kids who knew of them referred to them as "crap" or worse. I could probably check in on those kids now and they'd be the biggest fans in the world. :rolleyes2 )

Originally posted by Tokkiquil
    Racism and biasiam are two very different things!
    Hey! I had to say biased because I was left wondering how you could be racist against a group of people who aren't a race.

Originally posted by black orb
    they even made Misfit`s covers like "Halloween".
    I love that song lol
    Out of the ground!!! Into the sky!!! Out of the sky!!! Into the dirt.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

AFI is alright. I do like some of thier songs, but I don't like them enough to go out and buy one of thier albums. I rather listen to The Cure anyway if I am going to listen to something like that (you can hear the obvious influence The Cure had on them in thier newer albums). The Cure is a much, much better band (yes, I am aware AFI covered 'The Hanging Garden', and yes, I liked it).

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want an AFI tat so bad. I wanted the leaves and thorns from the STS special edition with the DVD and everything, where they're all red and awesome and stuff. But my friend got it done and I'm sure lots of other people did... too many people with AFI tats.