View Poll Results: Favorite Old Sonic Game?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sonic 1

3 12.00%
  • Sonic 2

9 36.00%
  • Sonic 3

4 16.00%
  • Sonic & Knuckles

4 16.00%
  • Sonic Spinball

0 0%
  • Sonic 3-D Blast

0 0%
  • Others (Please specify)

5 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Sonic Games

Default Old Sonic Games

Here I am doing another post related to Sonic, heh.

Which one of the old Sonic games (the ones before Sonic Adventure 1) was your favorite, and why did you like it so much?

Sonic 2 for me. It was the first game I played when I had Sega and it's still a nice game to play. The end credits were beautiful, the gameplay was awesome and it was nice beating Robotnik and all his odd cadgets. I don't know why I liked this Sonic game the best - perhaps it's so because it was the first Sonic game I've ever played. But, Sonic 2 is dear to my heart and one of the best platformers I've played in my life. Sonic & Knuckles would be my second favourite.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sonic 2 was the shiz.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Sonic 2 because I had good time playing for hours with my friend.

Sonic CD rules. Think about it, it has one of the best storylines I'd ever seen in a sonic game, the most levels, and it introduces one of the most badassed villains in a Sonic game. Metal Sonic.

Sonic 2, hands down still one of the greatest games ever made.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

What!?!?! NO docter robotniks mean beam machine?

Its a hard choice. Sonic 1 was the first one I had and I have a lot of nostalgic memories with it (That jungle zone boss. I was only young). Sonic 2 probably was the best but it seemed a bit generic to me. I really liked sonic 3 but it only had 6 LEVELS!???! Although the ice level was exelent if only for the snowboarding section at the beggining. and the fact that all the levels slotted together in some way was a nice touch. I dont think I have played sonic 3D or CD. and I didnt personaly own sonic and knuckles but my freind did. He also had sonic 32 which had weird characters like a aligator, a bumble be and a chamelion that I didn't really like.

So Ill go to the bonus round. Sonic 1 had the buitifully simple rotating stage with bumpers that I wanted to slowly dismantle and place it back to gether in a slight different place so I was at the end. sonic 2 had a weird 3d racing game that could be done in 2 player that I quite liked. Sonic 3 had a strange 3d puzzle game that you needed to do to get super sonic (GOD THAT IS THE BEST HIDDEN THING EVER. I need to get a pic of him). And I cant remember sonic and knuckle very well but I seem to recall something about a machine and things falling.

Well on a basis of deduction I will have to go with sonic 3 (despite the lack of levels) because of the nice little touches, and super sonic. Always with the super sonic. Although sonic 2 had some great 2 player sections that almost temped me to choose it.

Also joel I'm not sure but I seem to recall from somewhere that metal sonic was called metelex or something along those lines, although I dont thing I've even seen a Megadrive CD.
    Word/s.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sonic 3 attached to the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge. The ability to save your game, go Hyper Sonic/Knuckles/Tails AND go through both Sonic 3 levels AND S&K levels? Hands down favourite.

Hey whats hyper sonic? I've never heard of that. I knew you could put S&K into sonic 3 though.
    Word/s.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

When you collected all 7 of the bigger Chaos Emeralds, Hyper Sonic would be a step up from Super Sonic in which he's not only gold, but he glows in a prismatic way. The stars are around him as usual, but he goes a lot faster, and when you use his jump attack, it destroys everything on the screen.

Ok a little Sonic Trivia. Counting all of the emeralds in all of the games (Chaos, Time Stones, Super Emerals, etc.) how many are there?

Sonic 2, definitely. My first and always my favorite. <3

My favorite zone ever is Icecap Zone in Sonic 3, though.

Sonic 2. My first Sonic game, and personally, the most challenging.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

I have no idea joel. Honestly not a clue. I didn't even know there were stories or the emeralds had names.
    Word/s.

(SPOILER)
    7 Chaos emerals
    +
    7 Super Emeralds
    +
    7 Time Stones (From Sonic CD)
    +
    The Master emerald
    =
    22 emeralds