Thread: FF3 job system

Default FF3 job system

Well ok im playing ff3 for the first time and learning on this job system.
    If found this guide on gamespot where there is a detail about every job in the game. It says that as soon as i get the knight job i should change to it if im using a fighter.
    OK i did that and my dmg dropped from 113 to76.
    WTF why the hell are they telling me too change.
    I have 2 fighers and i changed the oneto knight and the other remains as a fighter only good thing that the knight as over the fighter is its vitality and at the moment i dont give flying crap about that stat because im but raping every boss i have encounter at this point(meaning i have enough hp because of my lvl). The only thing i care about is too raise dmg

What do u think?

Srry about my bad english

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Knights have better defense if I remember correctly. They might also have better hit points but I can't remember.
    Figaro Castle

If you want damage go Master, they are the damage guys. Knights are better though because betetr HP and defense. Not to mention they get the cover ability so they can protect members if thier low on HP. And if your having damage problems just give them 2 swords, that's what I did, never had much of a problem after that then for damage.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think the damage done by Fighter is higher than the damage done by Knight because you've already been using the Fighter a lot whereas Knight is a recently acquired class. Fighter has already reached a relatively high job level, but Knight starts out from the scratch. Don't worry though, when you level up Knights a bit, they'll start to do some great damage again.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Yeah that happens with every class change if you stay in the same category. blackbelt guy to karateka, fighter to knight, knight to dragoon, knight to viking, whatever. Heh make sure you dont change to magic knigts untill you get magic knight equipment (kiku + ashuras/possibly boomerang i dont rmember+ demon armour, i think you need the invincible for all but boomerang)because you will have no weapons or armor and it will waste capacity points.

I just beat FF3

Ok thanks guys