Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your online chatting habits...

Your online chatting habits...

Being on Reading Week (a week long schooling break in Ontario Universities), I have found myself spending endless hours just chatting to friends on my MSN list. Regularly I only chat to certain friends when I have nothing else to do, and I keep it closed when I'm working on homework or whatnot, so to cause no distractions. I have exactly 40 people on my MSN contact list, with most of them being friends from school. So how are all of your chatting hbits like? Do you chat to people all the time that your on the net or is it just when there is something crucial to say to someone? And how many people are on your MSN/ICQ/whatever list?

(BTW if anyone out there is interested, they can add me to their own MSN without complaint from me)

I suck at starting conversations with people. I have people on my list I've never chatted to from EoFF, and I always, always wonder if I'm intruding on whatever they're doing and that I'm bothering them. I always like having convos started, but meh. I guess everyone is different.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

My online conversations these days consist of 'you suck' 'no, you suck'. I dont like chatting on the net much anymore.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

So how are all of your chatting habits like?
    Depends what person I'm "chatting" with. I can be somewhat distant to certain people and really open towards others. I wouldn't take it personally though.

Do you chat to people all the time that your on the net or is it just when there is something crucial to say to someone?
    Now that I'm temporarily free from school and work I find myself chatting with people more.

And how many people are on your MSN/ICQ/whatever list?
    AIM: 30 or so people
    MSN: 1 person

Yeah, I'm not too good at starting conversations, either. I usually wait for people to IM me first, unless I know them really really well and I know I won't be bothering them.

I don't go on AIM nearly as much as I used to, though.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like messaging people. There are only certain people that I message. And they know who they are.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Originally posted by Mr. Graves
    I suck at starting conversations with people. I have people on my list I've never chatted to from EoFF, and I always, always wonder if I'm intruding on whatever they're doing and that I'm bothering them. I always like having convos started, but meh. I guess everyone is different.
    Yeah, that's me. If I have something that I have to ask someone, I'll IM them, no problem, really.

AIM: 67 people. Zygote613, if you wanna add me, I don't care. I'll rarely, if ever, start IMs.

MSN: 3 people that I've ever talked to. shocked_emoticon@hotmail.com if you wanna add me.

And I use mIRC a lot. I'm usually on #eoff, and rarely on #ffi. That's it, though.

I posted this in EoEO, but meh.

I have some people from EoFF on MSN that I don't know who they are. If you know who they are, tell me:

**[THT]**Zero
    Broken Mirror (This is Jenova Rebirth, I think)
    Godard
    Gren (Spatty)
    Guess (Giga Guess, he doesn't come here anymore)
    Siren
    Soricainom

I use it to talk when I'm bored. I have 49 on my MSN list right now. It got cut down recently.

Eventhough I used to dislike MSN, I like it now. It has this cool webcam option where you can see both person's on the same window.=)

People I chat these days can be count with fingers of my right hand.*_* Sometimes I visit AIM, but then I remember how much I dislike talking with 5- 10 people at the same time.

About two years ago I spent hours and hours/day in chatting and had lots of close friends online ( I was even an operator in #EoFF ), now it's about 30-60 minutes a day. I guess I somehow got bored in chatting. :\ Doesn't mean that I wouldn't care about those people, eventhough I rarely go to talk to them. In my opinion, I just have changed in a certain way in past two years. Doesn't mean you can't add me on MSN: mikztsu@hotmail.com
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have about 40 people on my buddy list but I only talk to 7 of them. Four post (posted?) here, two are friends from college, and one is my brother. I'm not a talkative guy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

I usually chat to whoever IMs me. I don't normally message someone unless it's terribly important or they're my girlfriend.

I have 54 people on my AIM list, and I talk to maybe half of them, at best.

Oh yeah, of the 67 people on my AIM list:

39 I know through the internet only, mostly from EoFF.
    4 are family.
    24 I know through school.

of the 39, I've only talked to 13.

of the 4, I've only talked to 1 (my brother).

of the 24, I've only talked to 16. Some are doubles (two SNs for the same person) that I haven't deleted, or that they still use.

Most of the time I talk about myself.

I'm an eGOWHOre

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

For some reason my AIM list has over 100 people on it, but I can turn on AIM and leave it on for days without getting a message. I don't even know who 90% of them are.

But anyway, I very very rarely chat at all. A couple months ago I was going into the #eoff chatroom quite a bit, but I never really fit in there so I stopped.