Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braces

Default Braces

Anyone of you have braces? Or rather, anyone older than 18 have braces? Because that's the situation I'm in here.

I just got my ceramic braces, so you can only see the wire, but I have to wear rubber bands in my mouth and it's hella annoying. Not only that, I have to wear bite plates since I have an overbite...so I can't even chew. My meals consist of ice cream, jello, oatmeal, soup, and mash potatoes. Ugh...I can't believe I have 2 more years of this...I'm thin enough and eating all these watery foods will make me even more skinnier...@#$%!!!!! But eh...I could be worst.

I used to have braces. I got them off in January. That's hell's way of making you eat. Of course, I'm in high school, so it's the norm pretty much. What I can't stand is those 40-and-50 year olds that wear braces. What are they trying to pull? But sorry to hear you get them.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I had braces on my front four teeth many years ago, and a few different kind of retainers. We stopped when we ran out of money, though.

I currently have braces. It's my second time having them... I had them for 2 1/2 years before and got them off in 8th grade, but I didn't wear my retainer. I didn't know they actually meant it when they said my teeth would shift back if I didn't wear it religiously. So I got them back on two months ago... I don't like them, but they'll be off within a year if all goes well. And I won't be self conscious about my teeth anymore.

Even though they're painful and they make me look twelve, I don't mind too much because my dad was nice enough to pay for them twice.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to have braces. I only wear my retainer at night. I should wear it all the time though, but I don't like to.

I'm 19 and I have braces. I've had them for nearly 6 years. I got them in the summer between grade 8 and grade 9, so all the people in highschool have never seen me without wires in my mouth. But right now, as I finish my 1st year at University, I'm in the final stages of the whole brace thing. I have elastic bands connecting my 2 jaws, so that I close properly. But I think in the long run it will be worth it for sure. The only downside is the annoyance of removing the elastics when I'm eating or partaking in activities with my grilfriend.

Oh man, I really hated my braces. I got them on during my Sophomore year of high school, and got them off near the end of my senior year. The spacers they made me wear, oh man, I really hated those.

Am I glad to be rid of those death-traps.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

I need braces, some of my teeth are out of line. Its even worse on my lower jaw, one or two of my teeth have almost been pushed completely out.
    lol signature

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

A word of advice: put up with it. When I had braces for the first time I hated them and as a result I ended up with really dirty teeth. It wasn't until my parents 'invested' in an electric toothbrush that my teeth became presentable. The elastics are annoying, but you'll get over those too.

I'm glad it's all over.

I had them, and hated them. I rarely wore the elastics, but they couldn't tell. You should wear your retainer though, because I didn't, and I had to get a new one because the old one didn't fit and it sucked. A lot.
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That sounds really gross PG :/ *can;t even sexor you*

I never had them but a friend of mine was doomed with 8 years of it, she just got them off last year. My husband's twin didn;t wear his retainer and his teeth went back to crooked. Good thing I got the smart twin xD
    Too big.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had braces for about a year and a half in high school. I didn't need them. I didn't want them, but I wasn't given a choice. The one thing they were supposed to do, since my teeth were already straight, they didn't do. Now I've been left with scaring and discoloration on my teeth, and my jaw pops every single time I open my mouth which I'm told is likely to cause problems when I'm older.

I have never had braces but I want to get them.
    The idea of having braces doesn't really bother me at all, even at my age I don't care if I have them.
    My teeth are just slighty uneven and it kinda annoys me, so I want them to be perfect and if that means having to have braces then I will gladly have them...

I used to have braces - for 3 years at least. If you think I'm ugly now, you should've seen me in elementary school and junior high. I had a horrible overbite, and extra large beaver-like front teeth. Braces did wonders. I actually have a perfectly normal mouth. It was painful most of the time, and there were complications that eventually required surgery, but it was worth it.
    Knock yourselves down.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

My teeth are straight and clean now, you pervert