Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constant wrong numbers

Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow There is two area codes near where I used to live: 905 and 416 ("416 to the 905" -- Maestro). A while ago they didn't institute a "use the area code for everything" rule, so people who were from the 416 area code kept calling my dad's company (ie: his cell) thinking it was the 905 number. Now seriously, how dumb do you ahve to be? It's a different area code altogether, but same phone#. Sheesh.
    I'm a 905 number...you're refering to the T-Dot and M-Dot yes?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

At my old house we used to get phone calls for Pep Boys all the time. It was annoying.

Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
    Okay:

There is two area codes near where I used to live: 905 and 416 ("416 to the 905" -- Maestro). A while ago they didn't institute a "use the area code for everything" rule, so people who were from the 416 area code kept calling my dad's company (ie: his cell) thinking it was the 905 number. Now seriously, how dumb do you ahve to be? It's a different area code altogether, but same phone#. Sheesh.
    Torontonians eh...I'm still in the 519.
    i've never had people call asking for companies. alot of indian people tend to call this number. people that are on my dad's business list, whom he forgot to tell this wasn't his number anymore, keep calling.
    "hi is (dad) there?"
    "no. this isn't his number anymore"
    "oh. ok, i'll call back later *click*"
    *slaps forehead*

Originally posted by Yamaneko
    That happens to me on occasion. Sometimes people call and right when I pick up they're like, "oh sorry, wrong number". Seriously folks, watch what you dial.
    This happens to me aswell. A few months back, there was this guy, who kept asking for someone named Jason, I must have told him there was no Jason here about 10 times.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The old phone from my room was moved to the room next door; the old extension number is still printed on that phone. Consequently, when the new occupant moved in next door, she assumed that the number was hers, when in fact it was not. She posted that number to her friends and family, so I'm expecting a whole swag of wrong numbers in a few days. Ah well, she'll be able to put them right.

Some lady calls me asking for Myra, and a few years ago we used to get dozens of phone calls for Claudia, usually in the middle of the night. Haet wrong numbers D:
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

519? My phone number's 519 now. Who are you surfacing, and why are you stalking the P man?

I get calls from people asking for taxis, apparantly ours is similar. I've got drunk guys at 3am, a drunk/horny girl at 11pm (which was fun to talk to) and many more like that. sometimes, it's easier to lie to them, and talk to them then reveal the truth after about 5 minutes. Inflict misery on them xD

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

A friend of mine keeps getting phonecalls from people asking for the sales rep at Wal Mart. How hard is it to mistake 2443 with 6553?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

An old friend had a number 922....I dialed 911 far too often.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

not funny ;_;

Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
    519? My phone number's 519 now. Who are you surfacing, and why are you stalking the P man?
    my area code is 519. i've had it for 19 years
    the question is...who are...YOU?!?!?!?!11/1

Thanks to whoever added the "s" into the title