Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with yet another battle

I have it now, but I notice no difference...I don't think I'm doing it right. (Sorry about the smilie, but I'm doing a quick reply, and I don't know any other smilie codes)

Uh...

to make sure you do not get hit by the ice shards coming out of the ground.. do a Dodge Roll over and over to avoid...

The dogde roll is given for you for that reason!
    Every single one of the bosses (cept Ursela) in that game has some kind of attack where an attack comes out from under your feet.

Anyway, hit a couple ice shards back...

blast him with magic...

cure

smack some shards

blast him with a spell

cure..
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

I greatly understand HOW to beat him, it's the process of doing it that pains me. I can hit shards back at him fairly easy, but sometimes he sends several of them at once, and I block one but get hit by the others. And while paying attention to dodging the shards he shoots at me, I get hit with rising shards. And I never have time to cure.

Default HA HA HA!!!

You think you have it hard!? I played him at level 70, and didn't even know you could hit the ice shards back at him! So instead, I just kept shooting firaga at him, and healing... I got my magic back by using TOO many ethers, and getting the !5&* beat out of me... since your magic for some reason gets restored when guys are killing you. I think he took me an hour... later I kicked myself when I figured out that you could just reflect the shards. If your at level 60 right now or whatever, just fight sephiroth repeatedly until you get to level 80.... hes a lot easier than the Ice Titan... plus you feel good after giving sephiroth a whoopn'. Thats what I did...
    "A world embedded with no future; no past,
    a twilight broken upon the universe,
    a shattering dream held in all;
    that the demons in the land will soon fall,
    darkness will become light;
    and the dead shall be given life..."

The Intro of My Game ^_^

I've never managed to give Sephiroth a fight. I always get captivated by "One Winged Angel" at the beginning of the fight and never try to attack him. I just seem to let him swing right through me twice and I die.

In that case I would recommend you not let yourself be distracted by the music and concentrate on fighting Sephiroth. But actually I think the Ice Titan is a lot easier than Sephiroth. I've almost beaten the Ice Titan, but I have yet to get anywhere close to beating Sephiroth. Try going to Agrabah and beating Kurt Zisa if you want to level up. Or do it the old-fashioned way and wander a round killing everything you see.

Dragonflame I think we have reversed characteristics.
    "A world embedded with no future; no past,
    a twilight broken upon the universe,
    a shattering dream held in all;
    that the demons in the land will soon fall,
    darkness will become light;
    and the dead shall be given life..."

The Intro of My Game ^_^

Why not just equip a lot of acessories that are resistant to Ice? That's how I did it.

Wow...... and nobody would have figured that out if ansem hadn't said it. Just use superglide to glide from one corner of the coloseim to the other. Stay in the cornsers and jump around a lot. Use cure and blah blah blah- just jump to avoid the spikes and cure when needed, otherwise its pretty simple. Try equipping the Angel Bangel, Atlas Armlet, and Gaia Bangle. It gives you the best increased stats. But dont worry, I'm at level 91 and I lost to him the other day from a cheap shot. He's a hard boss.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I just stood in the corner up the top of the seats and blocked the shards. Hitting him back. Eh, not so hard.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I did this battle a few times on Expert Mode and found out that, if you're good, you can beat him quite easily and quickly.

Don't bother with the Ice Accessories, equip some Strength and Defense boosters.

For Example:

Ultima Weapon.
    Omega Arts x2
    Crystal Crown or Titan Chain

Equip MP Haste, MP Rage x2, Air Combo Plus x3, Dodge Roll, Scan, Guard and Counter.

Guard the Ice Shards, if he sends them in a line, wait until you're about to get impaled... then Guard. All 5-7 of the shards should fly back at him. If they're in a V-shape, do the same thing and all 5 should fly back.

You can Guard against the Ice Boulders, they won't fly back... but you won't take damage.

Why do you have Counter? For his Icicle Barrage. Guard one volley and then quickly Counter. This may send back his next volley.

Ice Breath is something you just have to avoid. Superglide.

Ice Stalagmites... run like your life depends on it.

When he falls, Superglide in and unleash your 6-hit Air Combo. If you're lucky, you might get off 4 hits of a second combo.

Good Luck!

There's not much point in giving me any more strategy, I won't have my PS2 back for awhile, anyway. But thanks, Ansem.