Thread: Lunatic! Crazy man! Psycho!

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

Lunatic! Crazy man! Psycho!

There's this homeless lady who hangs out in the student center where I work. She constantly bothers all the workers and generally makes a pain of herself to everybody around her. She endlessly maintains that she's got extensive nerve damage, but she maintains far more symptoms of paranoid delusional schizophrenia than anything else. she may be telling the truth, but I'd have to see the medical records before I believed that.

crazy people are sometimes scary, sometimes pitiful, but mostly funny. The weird thing is that there's this big mental hospital just across the street from the student center, and they do offer an outpatient service. Give her a bottle or two of dopamine, and she'd be fine.

Makoto, Honesty.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't find them funny. Whenever I see them I feel sorry for them for what they're going through and mad at our government for cutting back on healthcare.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

I'm really agreeing with Leeza on this one... Although I don't live in the states we have the same problem here in Denmark.. It's really sad that nobody does something about it...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

*points to EoFF screen name*

'Nuff sed

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There used to be a very nice crazy lady who lived in the alley behind my Nana's apartments. She used to blow me kisses and have imaginary tea parties with her imaginary friends. I was told that she had no family and chose to live their although she had penty of money, and she was very clean and wore nice clothes so I believe it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah, a lot of these 'crazy' homeless sorts came to my house quite often when I was younger. Why? Because a lot of them were my dad's friends, and Vietnam veterans. They were some of the nicest people I've ever met, and I feel so badly for them and all of the terrible things they had to go through.

If memory serves correctly, the big problem arises from Reagen's complete cut of federal-funded mental institutions. It sent all these poor people to the streets.

That reminds me of one of my dad's 'crazy' friends. Not very bright, but sweet as pie. He died up north, saving a kid from drowning.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

One thing I don't find crazy people to be is funny. There was a homeless guy at my college people called Sombrero Man because he wore a huge sombrero all the time (and being in northeastern US, that's not really something you expect to see). He'd just stand around and ask for change in a very distinctive way, and people found him amusing. People would write about him in the local newspaper and stuff. He was even known at other colleges, because he travelled I guess. He was a minor celebrity. I was on the bus one day and he got on, and then got kicked off a block down the street because he didn't have any money and was trying to use an expired transfer ticket of some sort. It only mad me sad.

At my college there was a homeless guy who'd walk really slowly down the middle of the 6-lane highway, looking at his feet, without talking to anyone. He would also threaten students sometimes, on the rare occassions when he talked. There was another guy who walked around all summer in a dirty trenchcoat with two gigantic wolf-like dogs, not on leashes or anything. People like that should be put somewhere they can be taken care of, if not for their sake then for everyone else's.