View Poll Results: What do you think of Sonic Heroes?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it

3 42.86%
  • It was so-so

1 14.29%
  • It was pretty bad

3 42.86%

Thread: Sonic Heroes

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sonic Heroes

What do you think of this new multi-platform Sonic game?

I don't like it >_< Which is a shame, because it looked all pretty and shiny and stuff. But me and Lindz rented it out, and it just annoyed me. Firstly, changing characters round is an interesting idea but too much to think about. Next, it just made me dizzy, 3D + Sonic = Noooo.

Also was it just me or are the rings just too difficult to pick up unless you walk around them really slowly. Then, the few levels we did play, all looked pretty much the same, except the third one we couldn't even finish for ages. It was just way too easy to die and fall off things, and you couldn't tell where to go.

The only things I really liked about this were the theme song and the CG movies at the beginning but as a game, I'd rather stick to Sonic 2.

I wish they'd release the old Sonic games on PS2.
    rawr

I think, if I'd sat down and played it on my own, I might have got into it, but it really wasn't that great.

At least Sonic Adventure (or DX on the Gamecube) works, even though it's frustrating sometimes falling in holes.

Spikes are the realm of Sonic games, and holes are the realm of Mario games.

They should each stick to what they're good at.

At least it was good we gave it a go.

played the game in dixons on a display ps2 about 2 weeks ago i hated it id rather play the old sonic games

Sonic Heroes was pretty fun the first and even second time through. But the third time is when it starts getting a little stale. I also find that the bonus stage requirements are extremely harsh. I mean, you have to avoid damage as long as you carry the key? That's crazy. As usual, there are some really bad clipping problems (falling through floors is the worst thing that can happen), and the camera isn't too hot. Also, there are too many places where you are flying through the air and meant to land on a rail, but miss it completely not as a result of your own messing up, but some mistake in the physics engine. This problem becomes really apparent in the last few levels where it's nothing but rails and air. That also brings up the slightly messed up grinding controls. Too many times have I been grinding on a rail and wanted to switch rails, but ended up jumping off completely and falling to my doom. That sucks. But the game as a whole is pretty fun. I don't think it's worth $50, but definitely a rental and maybe if you can find it for $30-$40, buy it. Oh yea, the fact that you have to beat the levels like a million times (actually, just 20, but that's still a lot) to unlock a multiplayer level is pretty crazy too.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

I was thinking about getting it but I'm not sure now, I played it in the playstation experiance and it seem pretty linear though. Shame. AND who are these new characters any way, Big? Cream the rabbit (sounds like a command), chaotix team, shadow. ( know they all come from their respective games but still. And whats up with calling doctor robotnik doctor eggman. Their just crapping over my childhood memories.
    Word/s.

None of the characters are actually new. All of them were introduced in previous sonic games. Big came from the first Sonic Adventure, Cream came from Sonic Advance 2, and Team Chaotix is from the obscure 32X (or was it Saturn?) game Chaotix. Also, Dr. Eggman is his original name. They changed it to Robotnik for the US releases and I guess they just decided to change it back.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

yeah my friend had the 32x and that chaotix game, and as I said before I know they all come from their respective games, but I still long for the times where it was just sonic (maybe tails and to a lesser extent knuckles) blasting himself across the twilight zone. Instead they put this usless crap like after image moves, characters that are exactly the same and move for the the character, I MEAN BLOODY MOVES. They took a brilliantly simple concept (mario on speed) and almost everything they add detracts from this. Why not just have every sonic game ever on the next gen consoles. I would buy it (I do know that they had 7 sonic games in 1 for gamecube) and it would be a damn sight better than all this grinding, charater swapping and this 3rd dimenstion. Sorry Ill stop ranting now.
    Word/s.

I have it for Gamecube and I like it but it does have it's flaws. The camera can be very annoying and it definatly doesn't help on some of the levels especially when you have to run away from that alligator on the deep Jungle level. Still haven't beaten that part yet.

I'll get this after I get a 'Cube. The PS2 and XBox releases will happen eventualy.

Acctualy it's already out for the PS2 and Xbox.