Thread: Rufus-(spoiler-kinda)

Default Rufus-(spoiler-kinda)

In the advent children trailer, anyone have any idea who the dude in the white trenchcoat is, I had an idea maybe its Rufus, it would make sense he is crippled after diamond blew his building up.....

Check out the clones!
    (I call the third one Skippy!)

I thought Rufus died after Diamond blew up his building.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That would be sweet. I love Rufus.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

I hope so. Rufus was one slick mo-fo. I'm not sure exactly what he'll be doing in Advent Children though.

Rufus is cool and I think he is not dead. If he appears in Advent Children, it's okay, but I hope Heidegger is dead (haha).

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Maybe he's trying to bring Shin-ra back? Who knows...
    Figaro Castle

A return of Rufus would be most excellent. You never got to see his dead body or anything in FF7, so maybe they left that opening intentionally... maybe not. The first time I went through FF7, and saw Rufus get blasted away, I didn't believe he was dead. No body, no goodbyes, no nothing.. So to me, a return would seem 'logical'... I wonder how they will explain his return though. The Weapons weren't exactly weak sissys.
    They speak of my drinking but they never consider my thirst.
    The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.
    Prevent inbreeding: Ban country music!
    Save the trees: Kill a beaver!
    Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole damn Chicken!

Blog Entries

It's certainly feasible, as it was quite an open ending for the fella. The last we saw was him ducking, it's feasible enough that he managed to find a safe hole to dive into.

You do tend to wonder what his role might be though, now that Shinra is well and truly finished?

Reminds me of the sci-fi series "Blake's 7" where the figurehead of evil, Servalan, was presumed dead at the rather gooey destruction of the hero's ship. Yet in the next (last) series she was very much alive, nobody new why, but frankly her 'survived/revived' role was rather pointless.

the person in the wheelchair?i think its jenova.No face,cant see anything..course...it has shoes...so mabye not Jenova.

Jenova for the reson that the white haired man(sephiroth clone??) was bowing down to it.

Why would this man be bowing to Rufus?

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Originally posted by Dark Dragon Knight
    Rufus is cool and I think he is not dead. If he appears in Advent Children, it's okay, but I hope Heidegger is dead (haha).
    DON'T YOU BE TALKIN' ABOUT MY BOO LIKE THAT!!!!

Blog Entries

Originally posted by zacks_clone
    the person in the wheelchair?i think its jenova.No face,cant see anything..course...it has shoes...so mabye not Jenova.

Jenova for the reson that the white haired man(sephiroth clone??) was bowing down to it.

Why would this man be bowing to Rufus?
    I don't think anyone hear thinks that the wheelchair guy is Rufus. Mordred just mentioned that he saw a white trenchcoated fella in the trailer.

Dude, Rufus was totally awesome. Such a great character. I wouldn't mind his return at all. I especially sympathize with him staring down Diamond Weapon's missiles... a great way to emphasize the heartwrenching inevitability of his failure. I actually sympathize with his efforts to stop Meteor and whatnot (like Barret's one line). Too bad he had to keep getting in Cloud's way...