Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bands whose songs sound the same (to you)

Banned

[SB]NO band's songs sound -exactly- a like.
    Have you heard Cannibal Corpse?

Smashing Pumpkins songs don't sound similiar ata l.. I thinkt thats cause Billy corgans voice is quite diverse.
    *perpares for the hatemail*

A lot of old bands sound the same because back thewn, there wasn't too much diversity. Thats why the beatles sound the same. They were different cause they were GOOD songs, not because they were different.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    And IGN64skanker, I'm sorry. Heh, Moreno Valley kinda sucks, I have to go there a lot. My dad's girlfriend lives there.
    Haha. I know what you mean. Notice I didn't say I <I>live</I> there. Only that I'm from there. I go to school in Santa Cruz now. Everyone asks "why didn't you go to UCR?" Answer: Moreno Valley is boring as hell. Haha.

I'm totally feeling what Cid said about the singer making a band's songs sound the same. I'm not a fan of Smashing Pumpkins and every time I think of one of their songs, all I hear in my head is Billy Corgin being annoying. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with having a style and rocking at it. There's a lot of bands that you can hear a random guitar riff or bass line from a song and know automatically who it is. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I think The Beatles songs have a lot of variance because every member has his own songs that he sings completly. It isnt always Paul, or John, but George and Ringo too. Very nice.

Yeah I live like 10 minutes from UCR. Blargh.

an unusually clever whore

wtf, every Beatles song sound EXACTLY the same to me. But then again I've only heard 4.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Probably because you've only heard four. Their earlier stuff sounds a lot alike, yes. But you cant say that A Hard Day's Night sounds just like Within You, Without You.

an unusually clever whore

Strawberry Fields Forever sounds like Octopus Garden, tho. In fact, I can't even tell which is which.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

eh... not really. I cant say much, cause I've been raised on The Beatles and all, but Stawberry Fields is a lot more mellow, slower than Octopus' Garden, which is super bouncy. Its your opinion though, so I cant really argue with you.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

I think all punk sounds the same. I think people might as well refer to the Subhumans and all those other bands as the same, because they kind of are.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

To the casual listener, yeah. I admit I couldnt tell a lot of bands apart, but it depends on how much you listen, as does most stuff. And it also depends on the bands style. Subhumans sound nothing like The Adicts. The Misfits sound nothing like Naked Aggression. Not to mention the myriad of other less-well-known bands.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

all Mozart doesn't sound the same but I can pick out any of his stuff as being by him pretty easily. having a recognizeable style is a good thing.

Any genre I don't listen to tends to sound the same, but I've found it's even moreso with the heavier metals (Pantera and such) or the heaviest rap (can't think of an artist). Once the music loses an easily discernable melody, it's really hard to distinguish them. When I hear whatever sort of metal Pantera and co happens to call itself, all I hear is deep growling and highly distorted guitars. The nuances (if there are any) are lost to me. Same with rap. Most of the time all I can distinguish is the bass line, which all sound the same (and I know, because I hear one every night when people cruise down my street with their car stereos blasting at 2 am). When music ceases to have a "singer" and instead has a "vocalist", it's lost me. Punk music is actually a bit easier to distinguish. I can tell if I'm listening to Greenday or some other band. I couldn't tell you what the other band was, but I can make some distinction anyway.
    Knock yourselves down.

Children of Bodom, new Metallica, Symphony X (as cool as they may be, their songs are still all self-similar), and any Rap, R&B, or Pop "artist".

Banned

Originally posted by Red Wizard
    Children of Bodom, new Metallica, Symphony X
    Maybe in a n00bs ear.