Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoying Cartoons/Children's Shows of the Present.

Cynnau

when my son was younger i had to watch the idiot programming of today...he is now 8 and is moving beyond cartoons thank god! the cartoons of today are awful. they really need to bring back the classics ie: voltron, thundercats, gi joe, transformers ((first seasnon)). kids are not as stupid as tv executives think they are. the shows today are just lowering the iq

Kim Possible is horrible.......a naked mole rat for a sidekick??????
    Everytime i visit my cousin, she HAS to watch it.
    Pretty much every cartoon on the Disney channel and Nickelodeon now suck.
    What ever happened to Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry on Saturday mornings?
    Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

Just about 3/4's of Nick Cartoons. Maybe except for the new episodes of Rugrats. I grew up with the Rugrats, and I still love the cartoon.

But if I were to name some; Yu-Gi-Oh, That Teenage Robot cartoon, Chalkzone, Beyblades, and uhhh, some Disney shows and other stuff.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like "The Oblongs"

Signature by rubah. I think.

I find most cartoons to generally suck now a days (excluding anime from this list as it's on a individual basis of sucking and not sucking)
    This space intentionally left blank.

I really like a lot of the ones of today. However, there are still those I don't like: Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Labratory, Powerpuff Girls (especially that self-centered, hateful brat Buttercup-ugh!), PB & J Otter (that noodle dance is ANNOYING!!), many of the cartoons with ugly characters, Ultimate Muscle (really ridiculous), the show Lizzie McGuire is annoying too. I mean, Duff's character is so stereotypical and she's so klutzy that it gets really old-and Lizzie's kind of like a Tsukino Usagi (Sailor Moon) wanna-be with that clumsiness.

they really need to bring back the classics ie: voltron, thundercats, gi joe, transformers ((first seasnon))
    Amen to that!!! Maybe I sound like an old man or something but these kids today have terrible TV programming. There's hardly anything good on anymore. I'll admit... I'm guilty of supporting the whole Yu-Gi-Oh! cartoon. I used to think that it was interesting but then I just got sick of it. After about 90 times you just get sick of the same old:
    Player 1: " Master Blaster card!?! Perfect, that's just what I wanted you to use. (Insert maniacal laughter) Because I have my "If you use Master Blaster then I win" Card and so prepare for defeat..."
    Player 2: "Ahhh! You fool!!! I had a face down trap card. It's none other than my "Anti- If you use Master Blaster then I win" Card" and so on...

And they'll go on for like 16 episodes like this. It's one of the reasons that I started not liking DBZ.

Whew... anyway, Voltron's drawing may have been a tad more... ahem... stale but it was cool for its time and I think that it would still do good today. (Minus Car Voltron) Man I hated that version. Somebody help!!!

Dont even get me started. I am a rambler when it comes to tv.
    Nickelodeon screwed up getting rid of Land of the lost, Camp Anawana, Wild and Crazy Kids, and a few other shows. Rugrats was overplayed, and Fairly Oddparents is their only good tv show now.
    Disney... yeah.. dont cartoon. You just can't. Stick to acting
    Cn- dont get me started. DBZ is a compilation of four or five spikey haired guys yelling and blowing the crap out of each other, dying, coming back to life even more powerfuller, and killing the other person after a waste of about 40 episodes and 20 hours of good tv air time. They got rid of a lot of good tv shows like Tenchi Muyo and Trigun (with what, 6 episodes?). Big O and Inu Yasha, the Oblongs (voiced by Will Ferrell), Family Guy and Futurama are pretty much all they have. Dexter's lab has crappy new animation along with other old shows like JOhnny bravo. SD Gundam-- thats an insult to gundam.. no... all of anime. in fact, thats not even anime at all. Thats just chibi robots that havent reached puberty beating each other. Kinda like Transformers, only not every word ends with -egatron.
    WB Kids version - Beyblade, Flash whatever, Mucha Lucha, Drool Masters, Digimon... yes as if we need more horrible animation. Beyblade and Duel masters is a rip off of Anime, while digimon is a ripoff of pokemon which stank in the first place. Mucha Lucha is a show for english speaking people created by a board of deep thinkers who said "hey it would be cool if we had a show that taught kids to speak spanish". Little did they know that the majority of the US already spoke it.
    Basically, animation and all tv has gone down the tubes, so I buy and read Manga. Its a heck of a lot more interesting than that Cartoon Cartoon Fridays Jiggle LIzard whatever thing they have going on..... sheesh...

Good shows however are-
    Justice League
    Inu Yasha
    Family Guy
    Simpsons
    Big O
    Oblongs
    Trigun
    FLCL
    Android Kikaider the animation(which aired for a short time)
    Fairly Oddparents
    Boy Meets World (if you are a long time watcher of this show, you arent alone)
    SNL
    and of course, Rurouni Kenshin and .Hack//Sign
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really hate Yugioh, By the look in thier eyes it looks like their on drugs.
    God Loves Variety

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Awesome cartoons on TV

Static Shock
    X-men
    Yu-gi-oh
    Garfield and Friends(my tv station still plays it....rock on)
    Spongbob
    Doug
    Hey Arnold!

Thats all I can really think of right now

The new transformers and the New He-man..............HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE MEMORY OF THESE CLASSIC CARTOONS!
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza