Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A job question

Unhappy A job question

I've looked all over sites and i can not find an answer to my question. Does your Main job affect your secondary job?? an example, if i choose warrior, can i have summoner as my secondary job?? or do certain jobs get certain secondary jobs??
    Pray for peace, Prepare for War

You main doesnt affect your sub. However your sub does affect your main. Say a PLD/WAR can have provoke to keep the monster on you(Provoke=WAR ability). a PLD/WHM(not recommended) can heal more often because of an MP boost.

Basically the sub job is there to help enhance and make your main more powerful. Not the other way around.

You can have ANY JOB as sub or main job, just some combinations are better than others and can make people invite you or not. A WAR/SMN is useless because the SMN doesnt hlep the WAR do its job. IT gives MP(little) and summons which are half your lvl. Whereas a WAR/MNK is better because the MNK gives him more HP and attk to tank and do dmg.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

thanks for the reply. that was just an example because i know a mage would go with a summoner. but what would be some of the most recommended class/subclasses??i kinda want the sub class of summoner. but what would be a recommendation for a newbie like myself?? i have expierience with damage dealers and a little expierence with tanks from eqoa.

If you want to sub as a summoner then you shouldn't even bother with summoning. I would say though the best main/sub combo with summoner would be Black Mage/Summoner, or White/summoner, just because of the MP boost summoner gives you.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I really find subbing a /SMN pretty useless. Halved summons and stuff like that for a crappy MP Boost...a BLM cant help save me once because i ran out of MP and he had /SMN, not /WHM. Needless to say, everyone died.

Go for ultility spells! /WHM or /BLM gives you maybe 10 or so mp less, but a whole lot more spells to work with and help your main much much more.

WHM/BLM
    BLM/WHM
    RDM/WHM
    RDM/BLM
    BRD/WHM
    SMN/WHM

These are the most recommended mage subs. Notice WHM is usually in most of them because /WHM is just that good.

PLD/WAR(Paladins can only sub WAR in a party because a tank without provoke from a WAR isnt a great tank in general)
    WAR/MNK
    MNK/WAR(til mid 40s, are good tanks)\
    NIN/WAR
    WAR/NIN

These are typical tanks^ Except WAR since it can also go into dmg dealer

SAM/WAR
    DRK/SAM
    DRK/THF
    DRK/WAR
    DRG/WAR
    DRG/SAM
    THF/WAR
    THF/MNK
    THF/NIN
    MNK/THF
    WAR/THF

^Typical dmg dealers.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Thanks for that reply. that helped me out a lot. i've changed my idea from the advice you have given me, i checked out the DRK/THF. do you have any advice on this?? which should i make my main, the DRK?? i want to be an educated newbie when the game comes to PS2, lol. so all advice will be greatly appriciated. thanks.

whenever the job is listed as in RDM/BLM, the first one is always the main job, and the second is the support.

DRK/THF would have little power until 30 and in 60. But when they do they do alot of dmg. At 30 they get Sneak attak which does a crit when struck an enemy from behind. So go behind, Sneak+DRK power moves and a WEapon skill there, it will do massive damage. And Trick Attack at 60 makes it so the dmg you do from behind someone, will transfer all hate from the dmg to the person your behind therefore making it so you WONT get aggro so much.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

ok, umm, what about Dragoons?? what are some good classes to go along with Dragoons, and how much damage do they do?? or are they more of a tank? i want to be a damage dealer by the way.

Good way to do damage as a dragoon is subbing as a Samurai. That way you can get TP real fast and can use things like Pentathrust a lot to help do lot's of damage.

so i should be DGN/SAM. sounds good. ok so i have my class picked out. thanks alot for all your help....what about armor though, does it look good?? and what tips can you give me on equipment??

Well if your going dragoon you have to be a base class first, I suggest warrior so you can know what armor you'll be using as a dragoon (as warriors and dragoons wear near identical armor, at least early on) And use a spear so you can get used to it and build your skill levels up with it.

As for the armor if it looks good, it all depends on what you like, but your level 10 scale armor looks pretty decent, and the bone armor at level 16 is pretty nice too. As for dragoon artifact armor, it's no dark knight, but it's very nice looking in my opinion.

A DRG is a dmg dealer. The only viable tanks are NINs, WARs, and the all-mighty PLD.

DRGs like Bahamut says is great with /SAM because of their TP Storing abilities the SAM gives you. If all 5 hits on Pentathrust(high lvl WeaponSkill) land, with your Store TP ability, you will gain most of your TP back and ready to use it again maybe. Of course its not recommended to use it so often that the monster gets all hate onto you. Then at lvl 50 you get Super Jump, a powerful jump that makes all aggro go down to 0, so you can use Pentathrust more liberally. /WAR is another good sub, with Double Attack, Beserk, and Provoke(in case main tank loses aggro you can still sorta protect the mages til the main tank goes back into shape). Its all up to you.

I just like to point out that WHM, BLM, RDM, WAR, PLD, NIN, and BRDs are usually picked first in parties because they are necessary. The rest of the dmg dealers are usually the filler dmg spot since there are alot of different classes for dmg dealing. But dont let that discourage you from being a DRG, they still do rock.

DRGs get a purple AF armour
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

hmmmm, well i want to be picked more than less...lol. so what do you seriously recommend that i should be?? i dont want to deal with a ton of magic with the mage, seeing that i've had a mage on EQOA, i want to try something else. something that has some Kicka$$ armor, lol, i like to look good as well as do good when it comes to damage. ive tried tanking and i'll admit im not the best, and i dont want to get people killed so ill stick to Damage.

Most damage classes are picked last because there are usually an influx of them. But i would say a DRK would be picked less as there are ALOT hell more DRKs in most servers. A MNK or DRG is nice, so i recommend either of em. SAM too ^^

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Im a DRG/WAR and i get picked faster then most other classes i see. Other groups actually ask me to leave mine and join theres. And im leveling my SAM sub right now so i will be a high level DRG/SAM very soon. Im lvl 35 DRG right now and i have a level 11 SAM. The thing you should know is that when you hit a DRG60/SAM30 you can use Pentathrust upto 5 times in a row if all the hits actually hit....and so what if you get TONS of hate on you, just super jump and they will forget you were ever there. DRG CANNOT tank so dont try it! and DRG have the 2 worst melee accuracy so please if you want a good DRG go THF tell 30 then lvl your DRG up and sub THF. You will get just as much invites and you will hit 50%-75% more often then a DRG/WAR. The two best races for the DRG job also are Elvaan and Mithra. Elvaan has the power but has the single worst accuracy out of the races and Mithra have the best accuracy out of the races. If you want I can give you a world pass which allows you to come to my server. My server is Sylph and i will give you a Linkshell pearl to have. Just tell me when you are going to be starting and I will give you the world pass numbers.
    From the skys I fall to crush my enemies! I am the Legendary Dragoon Delolith.