Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What anime do you own

Anime has been a part of my life the past four years. Since then, I have managed to get a collection gowing and I plan to keep collecting through college.

Have
    ---------------------------
    -Evangelion (Full)
    -Evangelion (Both movies)
    -Cowboy Bebop (Full)
    -.Hack//Sign (full)
    -.Hack//Liminality (Each game)
    -Escaflowne (First half)
    -Noir (First half)
    -Excel saga (A few DVD's from the series [I dont think it matters...])
    -Burn up W (First dvd)
    -Armitage III (Each DVD)
    -Wicked city
    -Bible black (Full. its hentai... but its awsome series)
    -Final Fantasy (The ff5 anime bullcrap)
    -Slayers (3 VHS movies old )
    -Kite

Current wants:
    -----------------------
    -Miami Guns
    -Noir (The rest)
    -Rayearth
    -FF Unlimited
    -Burn up Excess

Heh, not bad for a poor Alaskan

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_99
    However there are loads I wanna get but I can't be sure which ones are really good any suggestions?

Since I don't know your tastes I will mention a few of my favorites from different types

Neon Genesis Evangelion(Action/Drama)ainax's and Hideaki Anno's masterpiece,it has a magnificent plot,some religious symbolisms,great characters with amazing character analysis and in the Japanese version
    you will find some of the best voice-actor perfomances in anime history.
    But this is not an anime for everyone,the convoluted plot and detailed character analysis will make some people who are looking for action to
    throw it out the window before the 20th episode.So if you enjoyed Xenogears in PS you will probably like this one.(Rei all the way )

FLCL(comedy):An insane comedy by Gainax(and the proof tha Gainax's staff uses more drugs than the entire US population )this is a must see,everyone loves FLCL,everything is great in this anime,characters,insane plot wich cool parodies ,voice actors(japanese version),animation by Gainax and Production IG and finally great music by The Pillows.Vespa rulzzzz

Full Metal Panic&FMP?Fumoffu(Acion/comedy and comedy):FMP is a great anime that mixes action and comedy.It has some nice action scenes, almost perfect animation,good acting and some hilarious moments with Chidori and Sosuke.The second season,FMP?Fumoffu
    focuses on the humour wich is just fine with me ^_^

Cowboy Bebop(action/comedy):A classic,great animation,especialy in the action sequences,realy good music with blues and jazz,nice characters and a good plot who has some nice dramatic moments.A must see

Ghost in the shell:Stand alone complex(action);A great anime,almost perfect animation,cool action scenes,good plot and music by the magnificent Yoko Kano

Trigun(action/comedy and some drama)A very good anime,mixes magnificently action, comedy and drama later on

Noir(action):Another very nice action series with very nice and stylish animation,good characters and plot and a magical soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura

I hope this helped
    Last edited by HIK248; 07-03-2004 at 01:37 PM.
    But for a certainty back then
    We loved so many,yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...
    Yet even then we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Cowboy Bebop - Action/Drama: This anime has about 2 bounty hunters, who eventually meet up with a 3rd, then a fourth member. There are, unfortunately, only 25 episodes. During these episodes, you find out more about the characters and their deep stories. It's also filled with comedy and the action sequences are superb.

Get-Backers - Comedy/Action: This is definitely worth a buy. I definitely enjoyed watching this anime. It balances out comedy and action impeccably. It kept me laughing, yet also compelled me with its good storyline. Get-Backers is about 2 young men; Amano Ginji and Midou Ban. They call themselves the "Get-Backers" because they find things for people for the proper price. It sounds stupid, but it becomes more than just that. The retrieving of items part is extremely minor, when you put everything else into perspective. If you like a huge amount of laughs and action and don't mind a little hinted yaoi elements, then this anime is a must get.

Inu-Yasha - Comedy/Action/Drama: This anime is about a girl how is suddenly taken into feudal Japan by some mysterious power. There, she meets a half-demon/half-human named Inu-Yasha. She, Kagome, later finds out that the source of her "teleportation", if you will, is a jewel, called the Shikon Jewel, inside of her. It is taken out(I forget how) and accidentally shatters it. With Inu-Yasha, they must collect all the jewel shards and restore the jewel. They meet up with 3 other people later on. The story really unravels and, like the Get-Backers, retrieving the Jewels is only a minor part of the story.

Rurouni Kenshin - Comedy/Action: This is quite a funny show, yet also filled with great action. It's about a wandering samurai who tries to repent for his sinful past. I only saw a couple of episodes that aired on CN, but from what I saw, it's a pretty darn good anime.

Samurai Champloo - Action: The director of Cowboy Bebop directs this anime. It's fairly new, so you can probably only find a couple torrents online. It is about 2 samurais that run into eachother. They get into a huge fight and end up getting sentenced to death. A girl, whose shop they ruined, saves them and they now have to protect her from whatever dangers cross her path. Quite funny and much better than my synopsis sounds.

Vampire Hunter D - Action: Very good action sequences. A vampire(or is he?) must help a brother get his sister back to safety.

Look, I even put them in alphabetical order.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

I,d Also recommend the anime that was the foundation of Neon Genesis Evangelion,... Gunbuster.

the first 2 eps r mediocre but from ep3 it really picks up and eps4-6 r imho the most emotional in anime history. its not as good as EVA but alot more emotive imho, espicalary because its only 6eps long.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7