Thread: Technical difficulties

Articles

Default Technical difficulties

I got a copy of the PC version of FFVIII from my RA off of suprnova the other day, and everything was goin' great with the game until this situation came up:

Okay, so I just finished Disc 1. Good for me. It prompted me to save the game, and then kindly asked me to insert Disc 2. No sweat, right?

Well, um, it kinda is. I put Disc 2 in, and my computer sounded like it wanted to work. Unfortunately, it didn't. Instead, the game basically quit. o_O

It's strange, though, because when I select "New Game", the prompt for me to enter the first disc is just fine. When I select "Credits", it scrolls just as easily as it did on Disc 1.

What gives?

I have the PC Version, but I've never encountered that problem.

What happens when you insert the second disc, and then select "Continue" from there? It still should work fine, I guess.

Other than that, I really don't know. Sorry.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I had a problem with the PC version later in the game when Eyes On Me tried to play. I think that was disc two though.

Try loading your game from disc one and try the swap again. You might have a faulty disc two. I could send you mine if you want, that's if I can find it of course.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Are you playing the CDs from the same drive? Have you tried any patch? Does your registry contain anything about datadrive?
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Why don't you buy a copy of FF8?

Articles

Because I'm cheap. And I don't have the money to spend, anyway.

so...you save your game then you insert CD 2 then it crashes? if thats so, why not just restart the game with cd 2 and load your game from there? or am i missing something?

"Live By The Sword, Die By His"

hey strider! haha we have the freaken same problem :X !!! sucks 'eh? the game gets sooo good! can someone help us out? like we send them our save file and they save it at the nearest location PLEASE!!!! it doesnt sound we've tried that yet...

haha btw... mine is from suprnova too :P
    i tried looking for all 5 disk on one disk, but cant find it..

Articles

Well, apparently, the disc I was copied to begin with had a bunch of read errors. When my RA burned it again on one of my discs, it worked fine. Life is good.

If you're havin' a bunch of read errors like that, you might find someone to help you smooth those out.

LoL, i actually didnt have any problems on disk one other then the "wrong disk" error in the beginning, but i'm pretty sure that it happened to you too...