Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, I can't believe I still remember that!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Wow, I can't believe I still remember that!

I was playing the original Zelda the other day on my NES and I came across the lost woods, and without skipping a beat I thought, "North West South West", to make it to the other side of the woods. I couldn't believe that I still rememberd it. Then later on 8-bit nostalgia hit me full force and I threw in Contra, and remembered, "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start" to get 30 lives in the game. Are there odd, random, "Trivia Bits" of information that you still remember to this day and will probably always remember?
    Figaro Castle

I was playing FF6 and didn't think I remembered what to say to get all the stuff after the banquet. I just popped in some things after thinking so hard I could beat Advance Wars in one turn if I thought that hard as I did. After the banquet, I went out and didn't expect I'd get all the stuff but did. You should have seen my face.
    "We have a boat! Now we can travel and see buetiful women all around the world.. Hey, I'm joking!"
    -Desh, Final Fantasy III

I remember the code for debug mode in "The Lion King" SNES game was B A R R Y.

I remember what all to do to get all the jurors on your side at the begining of Chrono Trigger. I can't list them, but if they came up I'd know what to do.

The entire attack, damage, defence, speed, and recovery rate of Ryu from Super Street Fighter II turbo for SNES. Memorized it sence I was about 9 years old, never forgot it.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I consider myself pretty sharp about remembering old things.

Hell, I memorized Bison's speech about world domination in the Street Fighter movie a few years back. I also still know the code for getting the special costume and character mode in the original Street Fighter II.

HOWEVER...

Try as I might I cannot for the life of me remember how to beat the fourth guy in Kung-Fu. I keep kicking his head off and he just reappears in smoke and proceeds to school me. There's got to be a trick to that I just don't remember.

Oh well, some things you can remember and some you can't.

Oh oh oh, Zelda Link to the past for Snes. I remembered how to do EVERYTHING in that game, came in handy when I got the GBA version, beat it within 2 days of buying it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I still remember most of the routines of the boxers in Super Punch Out punch by punch, and I remeber all of their routines in a general way. Same for regualr Punch Out. I also remember what weapons to use on every Mega Man boss up to when the series got crappy (Playstation).

I freak my brother out remembering stuff sometimes. Like the other day my brother was playing Startropics and I walk in and say 'don't go up there, you'll die', sure enough he fell right into the water. I haven't played Startropics in like 8 years.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I remember "the code" in Mortal Kombat for Genesis. I remember about 65% of the secrets in Zelda: A Link To The Past. I still have Desert Strike memorized to this day. Sme with Flashback: The Quest For Identity.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

This one code from Sonic 3. Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up. I remember I got that off a box of candy.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

iddqd
    idkfa
    idclip

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember a few things, like putting in ABRACADABRA at the beginning of Toy Story on the Megadrive to get a level skip I think. And I used to remember the songs you had to enter in the Sonic 2 sound test to get a level skip. Now I can only remember 19, and 65 though, hehe.
    rawr

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That reminds me: the Vectorman codes. A-B-R-A-C-A-D-A-B-R-A and C-A-L-L-A-C-A-B.

If you play "Killing Time" for PC and you put in IDKFA you die.

I remember how to get the flute in one of the first fortesses of Super Mario Bros.3

Also, I know that in Kirby's Dreamland (for good old Gameboy), when you push A,B,Select and Start the same time while the main screen is shown, cou can play a harder version.

In Super Mario Land (and all of the following GB Marios and the Two Mario Worlds on SNES), when you first pause the game, then push select, you can leave the level.
    Anmod deore haeleth
    Sar colian
    Feothan
    Feothan
    Breost frofur
    Hael Hlysthan