Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which game has the best music (FF not included)

Which game has the best music (FF not included)

So, which game has the best music? Just for kicks Final Fantasy-games are not included...

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think KH has the best non-FF soundtrack. I really like Yoko Shimomura's work. Her music is melodic and emotional, and it suits the game's atmosphere well, which is why I absolutely prefer her to Yasunori Mitsuda. Battle songs are aggressive and varied, sad songs are sad, darker songs are dark, and town music makes you want to hang around and have fun. Great stuff!

EDIT: Chrono Trigger comes as my 2nd favorite non-FF soundtrack.
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 03-03-2004 at 08:46 PM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Chrono Trigger.

I liked alot of SD3 music, so I'd have to say it has the best.
    "We have a boat! Now we can travel and see buetiful women all around the world.. Hey, I'm joking!"
    -Desh, Final Fantasy III

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Dark Cloud 2! The opening credits are great and Stonehenge was just calm and relaxing. The Cpt. 7 dungeon music gave you the intension that's suppose to be with "Final Dungeons"

Metroid Prime comes in a close 2nd followed my Chrono Trigger.

Hm... I read an article in a computer-magazine once on this topic, and they ranked Icewind Dale (and Planescape Torment ) pretty high. I don't remember what the top title was, but I think it was OLD. And that's from someone who doesn't mind playing a game from the early '90s.

I have to say Starlancer has overall good music. Maybe one track here and there that stands out, hardly any that brings the house down. Freelancer was, in a different sense, bloody awesome music-wise, but I didn't care all that much for it. Dark Reign: Rise of the Shadowhand had some pretty neat tracks as well, I have to add. I have to p1mp Grim Fandango some, of course. Independence War 2, now there's an interesting title from a music-perspective.

*Ponders a verdict*
    Aye, there can be no doubt: Wing Commander 3.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Motoi Sakuraba is my favourite video game composer - the progressive rock style of music he uses works both in game and often out of the games he's composed for too. He's done the music for games in the Tales Of game series, Star Ocean series, and Valkyrie Profile. I don't think I could pick a favourite between Tales of Phantasia, Valkyrie Profile or Star Ocean 2/3, which I think are the best few albums he's done, although other games from those series also have great tracks included too Watching him play some of those tracks on piano from VP and SO3 that were recorded live with a bass guitarist and drummer were amazing too
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Besides Uematsu, I like Mitsuda and Shimomura. So my favourite non-FF soundtacks would probably be CT, CC and KH.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Other than FFs, Monkey Island game music is my favourite, I love the whole Carribean, piratey feel of it. The intro to MI-II is one of my favourite MI songs, along with the general theme song. <3 MI music.
    rawr

Breath Of Fire II
    Skies Of Arcadia Legends
    Lufia II
    Chrono Trigger
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

*Hits Guu* You forgot to mention that Sakuraba made the music for Shining Force 3! Heretic!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't heard of that game, let alone heard of any tracks from that game
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

AAIIIEIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

( www.shiningforcecentral.com )

My favourite non FF soundtrack, well, my favourite soundtrack is from Breath of Fire III, my second favourite being from BoF4.

Easily Xenogears.