Thread: Dawn of the dead

Default Dawn of the dead

Anyone gonna see this? I know I am, I love zombie movies.

Blog Entries

I might when it comes out on DVD or whatever.

If I have the money.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Nah, it looks pretty lame to me. I only like old horror movies for the cheese factor. I may take a look at this in ten years or so.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

lol

I probably won't. I have this stereotype that claims that all new 'horror' movies are just crap.

Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
    I have this stereotype that claims that all new 'horror' movies are just crap.
    Most of them are.

The attraction of Romero's trilogy the first time around was that it was a gory make-up fest that was aimed to make the best possible zombie movies on a tiny budget. The CGI and the fact that nowadays a movie is meant to commercially successful first and entertaining second really kills this for me. Savini did incredibly special FX work; no amount of CGI will look anywhere as good as what he did. Anyone remember when that military guy's legs got ripped off in Day of the Dead? That stuff is head and shoulders above stupid CGI.

Yea, I'm gonna see it. I love zombie movies too. I think zombies are really interesting and fun to watch. Plus, when you go see a zombie movie, you know it's gonna be cheesy and dumb, so you can put all expectations aside and just go along for the ride.

I really want to see the original Dawn of the Dead, but they won't release it on DVD yet. Probably because they want to coincide the DVD release with the remake.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Hm, sort of looks like Resident Evil to me. But yeah even though Resident Evil the movie sucked IMHO, I think Im going to see this like everyone else said. Just intresting to watch...

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Yep, my friend's planning on taking a whole horde of people to see the movie, next week, for his birthday. I can't wait.