Thread: FF7 : Advent Children? What does this mean?

Grin FF7 : Advent Children? What does this mean?

Soon to be release Final fantasy movie Final fantasy 7 : Advent children is giving me thoughts.. see final fantasy 8 is in my mind the best game in existence, and they're bringing out Final fantasy 7 : Advent children, do you think they might bring out a Final Fantasy 8 movie? ( that shows the gang after the war ) that would be great! any thoughts? any one with rumors or facts like to say anything? anyone working for square Enix feel like leaking some info and risking they're jobs, feel free .

"Live By The Sword, Die By His"

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The biggest concern of mine when I heard about X-2 and VII:AC is that everyone was going to start on about their favorite games having sequels... even more so than before.

SquareEnix hasnt even mentioned VIII, and I really don't feel they should. VII had a very open ending. It left questions like "So what happened to the gang? The world? Are any people left?" While VIII was a nicely compacted ending. I don't see where any action would come in, since all the problems in VIII were neatly solved by the ending. If anything, it'd be an hour of Rinoa flirting with Squall. Boring. If anything should be done with VIII, I feel it'd be best as a prequel set during the war, but I wouldnt even be interested in that.

Blog Entries

I don't think Squenix should push the whole direct sequel thing too far. It's already pretty clear that it's a desperate attempt to milk more money out of us.

Anyways, FF8 movie wouldn't be that great anyway.

If Square leaves a game open ended, I don't see the problem in making a sequel if they want. FFX-2 was really awesome, despite everything bad everyone thought about it before it came out. I'm sure FF7:AC will be cool too. That being said, FF8 ended the story quite well. I can see a few ways they could bring the story back, but I don't think anyone is really expecting the story to continue, it was a very nice satisfying ending. So I personally don't see Square even thinking of doing a sequel to FF8. But with the massive success of FFX-2 (1.9 millions copies sold in 1 day!!!) and the probable success of FF7:AC, I would anticipate sequels in Square's future, hopefully not too many though, I do like new games.

EEEEEH... depends. I think we've seen enough of Squall and Rinoa that another whole game of them would indeed be superfluous.

But as for the world? Don't forget Esthar is STILL being overrun by those monsters as far as we know, and that whole Moon Crisis thingy might be an issue that needs to be resolved. OTOH, 'saving the world' might be anticlimaic after 'saving the whole fabric of space and time' but there you go.

Another idea people have is a prequel based on Laguna and the gang (not m favourite but hey...)

And regarding the whole 'plan to get money.' What... you think they made all the other Final Fantasies because it was sunday evening and they were bored? Thing is, there are some of us who feel like there's another story in the FFVIII world, and who wouldn't mind visiting it again. It's up to Square-Enix to decide whether to do that, and who has the right to tell them they 'shouldn't' because 'so and so' is sacred.
    The storm was coming? Light, he WAS the storm

-Rand Al'Thor.Path of Daggers. Robert Jordan

Blog Entries

I thought FF8 had the most "closed" (and therefore satisfying!) ending of the lot, but if they did want to make a sequel they could always focus on the R=U theory people have trumped up

guys im not talking about a actual sequel game, im talking about a sequel or prequel CG movie, that shows maybe some stuff that didnt get covered completely in the game, but yes i do agree it does have the best (or satisfying) ending out of all the FF games ( FFX comes close)....but im just going to hope, coz its what i want to see.....i just want to see more of the gang.

"Live By The Sword, Die By His"

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by J3cht
    guys im not talking about a actual sequel game, im talking about a sequel or prequel CG movie, that shows maybe some stuff that didnt get covered completely in the game, but yes i do agree it does have the best (or satisfying) ending out of all the FF games ( FFX comes close)....but im just going to hope, coz its what i want to see.....i just want to see more of the gang.
    I think we all knew this. VIII was far too closed of an ending to warrent a sequel of any kkind. Not to mention it was terrible. The game covered most everything it needed to cover.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The only thing the movie could be about is settling the whole damn R=U business, once and for all XD
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Yeah, I doubt Square-Enix'll be making any sort sequel for FFVIII.
    1 - Because of the mixed opinions of FFVIII, it wouldn't make as much money as Advent Children will, seeing as how FFVII is usually the people's favorite FF.
    2 - Like Abominatrix said, the ending closed off any possible continuations of the story. To make a sequel would be ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

I do not mean to bash final fantasy VIII at all,so please...dont hate me.

I think, in general and over all, FFVII is thought as one of the best final fantasys out there. If you looked at it, you seem more final fantasy VII then you do VIII. People seemed to like stabing at the diffrent threads that left the cloth of the game unfinished. VIII had a good story, and a good plot, and a good ending. If they had left the ending with no squall to be seen, and maybe some of the other characters missing, it would give SE something better and more open for ideas, to work with. VII left its players woundering- "Did the people die?Why did red survive?" and such. VIII may have left some questions...but in all, the game was wraped up abit better.It was all explained within the game,and within the ending.For VII,it just wasnt...I beleive the chances of a VIII movie are unlikely,but i wouldnt mind seeing it.:: runs before people chuck stones ::

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Remember Red XIII at the end of FF7? They show you what happens -- everything becomes all populated with vegetation. Yay mother earth stuff.

And I personally thought everything was resolved (sort of anyway) -- they defeated Sephiroth, and stopped Comet from destroying the world. Everybody is happy the end. That's why I wanna watch this movie.

Plus Aeris is in it for some wacked out reason. I'm beyond confused.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yes, it shows Red XIII and his kids. Whiiiiich doesnt really tell ya much. Yes, everything becomes all naturey. But what happens to the rest of the team? There's a big theory going around, or their was before AC was announced, that the humans had been killed by Holy.

Aeris is in it only as a flashback to her (SPOILER)death and other parts of her involvement in the game.