Thread: think they'll continue the tradition?

Default think they'll continue the tradition?

hmm ive got mixed feelings about random battles... think they'll continue with them or not? And also i would love it if they went back to the old world maps (more freedom) other than the fixed path story introduced in FFX... but who knows.

"Live By The Sword, Die By His"

The battle system looks interesting, if you watch the shaky cam-corder footage you can clearly see a bit of the battle system with a character walking up to an enimie, hiting it and staying there, while there is a monster who is further forward than the other. this seems to be a battle system where range is a factor so you'll probably have to move around the battle feild. I just hope its not overblown like ff10.
    EDIT: I just realised that had nothing to do with what you were talking about.

I have no idea about those things.
    Word/s.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

They'll probably keep the random battles, much to my chagrin. I do think they'll bring back the world map, though.

Actually I don't know, but I think they'll keep the random battles... (?)

As for the world map: I really hope that they bring back the world maps, but if they don't then it's not like I'm going to hate the game or something... ^_^

*Pushes for Infinity-engine style battles* :rock: :laugh:
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

I hope there will be random battles. It's simply FF tradition. The world map is a must, as I'm yet to find a single person who preferred FFX's psycho-linear system of going town to town. Stupid REALISM!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like random battles, and yes the world map system was best. I hope both make the cut.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I like random battles, but I wish they would change the battle system to something involving more skill. I doubt they will, though. As for the world map, if they don't return to that I will have to kill someone.

maybe the battles will be like starwars: knights of the old republic, where u see the enemy, and the screen freezes, and u choose wether to attack or not, then what ever u pick happens
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX

Default well...

Random Battles just seem to be the RPG given staple. I'm more concerned about the world map, and the battle system itself.

The game looks artistically similar to FFX, although they have said that the... what? Vagrant Story team is working on it? Yeah, I see the darker 'Vagrant' influence, but FFX graphical "feel" just seeps from the screen shots... In anycase, I wouldn't be surprised if game play was similar as well... I wouldn't mind the turn based play of X... executed slightly differently, one would hope... But I'd perfer something more innovative, although I'm at a loss as to what it could even be...

The seirs doesn't need a 'world map' area to play the game in, and X and X-2 proved that... but I want one anyway, in some form. Let me at LEAST drive an airship around the XII world on a world map like 7-9's, PLEASE ^_^() I think the 'world map' ..esspecially when it takes a LONG time to reach it initially (Think FF7) adds to the epicness and explorative nature of an FF

One thing I'd like to see pop up in the main seiris, personally, is real-time battle a la FF:CC or Kingdom Hearts... And then add in the Random battle on an world map, while still keeping the battles in "real-time" format...

Bleh. Just my musings...
    highschoolstarship.com Webcomic Goodness!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

If they keep random battles, I won't mind that much. I rather Square-enix try somethign different though.

I would like the world map to be back though. To me, RPG worlds seem bigger when presented that way.

Out of the two, I rather see the world map return though.

Too much random battling discourages me from playing. I literally couldn't take three steps in FFVI without running into monsters. I like to power up as much as the next girl, but I play FF for the storylines, mostly. Hate to say it, but I'd really like to see another way to level up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm pretty sure I've read some article that stated they will be bringing back a world map and it will be bigger than any FF world map before it. And that makes me very happy, because I love having a world map that I can roam about on. It makes the game so, so much better. I hated FFX's system on that part.

I think random battles are a good thing, especially if they're going to use a world map. If the battles weren't random on a world map, it would be... kinda weird. I guess.

EDIT: Although, that being said, I would like for them to have that ability they put into FFVIII that you got from Diablos, the one that makes you avoid random encounters by either 50 or 100%. I think it would be cool to have some kind of item/ability like that that slowly increased from 0 to 100% that you could turn on and off. That would be very nifty. It was one of the small but brilliant ideas put into FFVIII.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Who's That?

I agree with Loony BoB. It always bothered me that every important place was on the road, and, even though there were wolves and flans and machines roaming around trying to kill things, there were still people with their kids takin' a stroll.

I remember that this SNES Enix game, 7th Saga, had an orb lookin' thing on the screen that showed enemies as white dots, and you could avoid them, if you were good. They usually caught you, though, because they'd swarm. The orb thing also had treasure chests on it, and special items. It worked for that game, but I don't know about an FF. Well, who knows.

I like World Maps. Sometimes I feel the desire of kick my Playstation because of too many random battles, but if we don't have them, it wouldn't be Final Fantasy, it would be Chrono Cross, Grandia or Vagrant Story. And we want Airships too. And Chocobos, in the same way they were used in FFIX.