29 82.86%
  • Fixed

2 5.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 2: Fixed or Broken?

works like this

PS2 = casual gamer = tosses console around
    Word/s.

my ps2 started giving me disc read errors and i was lucky if i got a game to load up after 2 hours of dre's

the next day i opened it up and cleaned the lens with lense cleaner fluid on a cotton bud now it is working perfect again

My PS2 is fine, it works great no problems at all. The only problem is the Dual Shock Controller, i have the tendency to absoluteley smash it to pieces when i am frustrated with a game. Thats now my PS1 and PS2 controllers i broke now. so i now got to spend another £20 on a new one and perhaps buy FFX-2 which i have been wanting for a few weeks now.

Thats the problem, Hideo Kojima said himself in a conference that Playstations (including Ps2 and Ps1) are cheaply made so they break easily
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

My PS2 died a slow, agonizing death. First it started rarely playing PS1 games. They would work occasionally, and I stress occasionally. Then it stopped playing PS1 games all together. After that, the same thing happened with DVD's. Well, after that, you guessed it, same thing happened with PS2 games. I plan on calling Sony soon.

Edit:
    the next day i opened it up and cleaned the lens with lense cleaner fluid on a cotton bud now it is working perfect again
    I just did this and my PS2 works fine now. It plays all the DVD's that is used to never play at all.
    Last edited by Mr_Bojangless; 03-27-2004 at 05:01 PM.

is your ps2 BROKEN or does it actually work? Yes it is broken, but not really I just dont use it that much anymore. Use it as a DVD player!

or has it BEEN broken? Never.

You should clean the air vents (Front, above front vent and the back vents) with a hoover every month.
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

I had my first for like 3 years and it started to damage my games, so i had it replaced and Sony resurfaced my games free of charge. My new one, I've had for abotu a year, is starting to go a bit, but it's not bad at all, getting the odd DRE though

Mine has been broken twice. Actually, the lens probably needs to be cleaned, but I'm too scared to open up the thing. So I send it to Sony, and they clean it for me. For free. They have it right now, so I have to wait another 2-3 weeks before I get it back.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

My PS2 has always worked. Maybe you guys just don't take care of your stuff :P... j/k. Actually, if any of you set your PS2 on carpet, it's not so good. But i don't know for sure, i always heard that though. Maybe you guys put your PS2's next to a speaker with a powerful magnet.

Mine broke a while ago because some fat chick who was over at my house tripped over my phone cord and fell on it

i'd fix it but you couldn't afford it.
    blaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

"Coolest newbie, ever. *hands repo man a Ciddie*"~Agent Proto

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Mine works. The only problem it has is that it refuses to play some DVDs.

Mine works. The only problem it has is that it refuses to play some DVDs.
    It's gonna progressively get worse. Thats exactly how mine started out. I recommend opening it and cleaning the lense.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Mr_Bojangless
    It's gonna progressively get worse. Thats exactly how mine started out. I recommend opening it and cleaning the lense.
    No it's not, seeing how it's been that way since day one. It's fine, don't worry.