Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Somthing i have to say about Anime!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't particularly like anime. I've watched some, liked some, but, for the most part, I don't like it.

However, I'm not going to bitch about it. Some people like it. SO ****ING WHAT? Just because they like anime doesn't mean that they think they're Japanese. Way to group everyone who likes a particular genre into one stereotypical group, that's actually in the minority.

Oh, also, I like how a lot of the people who bitch about anime being just "cartoons" go home and watch the Simpsons. I actually know someone like that.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, in that update, Maddox actually sent he went to <i>see</i> an anime movie. Which most likely means he's not against anime, just people pretending they're Japanese, eh? Or does that make too much sense?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

the real subject of this thread should be that Maddox is dumb.

First off anyone who thinks maddox is dumb or doenst like him, should be punched in the stomach. Second people who think anime isnt a cartoon should be punched in the stomach. So i guess if you agree with anything i say or maddox says then you should be punched in the stomach.

And thank you Lends
    "He owes allegiance to no one,
    and will do anything for money.
    He comes and goes like the wind..."

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

so everyone gets punched in the stomach? good, I'll start!

*stomachpunch*

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yes, in a way, I would consider anime cartoon, but it's not your typical American-style cartoon. Anim is very different from most American cartoons. Some are similar, but it's really different. Different styles, different plots, and diffrent ideas.

Most american cartoons are aimed a children and young teens, and most anime are aimed at teens and young adults.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Not all Japanese cartoons are good, but all good cartoons are Japanese. Or almost.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Originally posted by Lindz
    Oh my, because it's Japanese it HAS to be good because of their mysterious, insular, only-have-a-recent-history, ex-chinese way.
    I don't think us anime otakus like anime just because it's from Japan. Unlike most cartoons, anime has an ongoing plot, and, if it's a good one, the plot'll be deep. It's called anime for a reason. It's Japanese animation; thus, anime.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

There are people out there that don't like cartoons period. Stop defending it as if you were called stupid for watching it. "Anime" is a cartoon. It's "animated" "pictures", which to me defines it as a cartoon.

Blah blah who cares?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Shadow
    First off anyone who thinks maddox is dumb or doenst like him, should be punched in the stomach. Second people who think anime isnt a cartoon should be punched in the stomach. So i guess if you agree with anything i say or maddox says then you should be punched in the stomach.

And thank you Lends
    Wow, good way to prove you're intellegent. Violence is awesome!

damn right it is
    "He owes allegiance to no one,
    and will do anything for money.
    He comes and goes like the wind..."

Good thing Ashley wasn't being sarcastic in any way in that post.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fools Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Originally posted by Agent Proto
    yes, in a way, I would consider anime cartoon, but it's not your typical American-style cartoon. Anim is very different from most American cartoons. Some are similar, but it's really different. Different styles, different plots, and diffrent ideas.

Most american cartoons are aimed a children and young teens, and most anime are aimed at teens and young adults.
    *nods*

Most 'anime' are edited by the time they get to the western countries anyways. I'm a huge anime freak and cartoon freak. I noticed a difference between the two. the anime I watch is aimed more towars young adults than children, not Pokemon or some crap like Digimon. I like Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, X-1999, Angel Sanctuary and so on.

Anime tackles more 'serious' issues than some cartoons I've watched. There's lots of fluff and angst and I love it. I'm a huge Otaku, an anime-geek, if I was mildly insane I would do the whole cosplay thing when there were anime conventions but that would require me to be creative and get off my arse and do stuff.

I actually download the new episodes of Inuyasha fansubs cause I like the sound of the Japanese voices better than the english ones. I read the mangas that accompany the anime. Most anime in Japan are based off the graphic novels anyways, so its cool to see how the versions split up sometimes.

If people make a big deal out of it, then thay make a big deal out of it. I'm always up for new anime/manga to look up and enjoy. Manga is just like Marvel comic books, except it's 50 times longer and it follows a plot. xD I have scanlations of Inuyasha and Angel Sanctuary, over 20 graphic novesl, each 200 pages per novel. they only cost like 6 bucks and I find it more satisfying than 'comics'. There's not really a difference, its just a name for a type of cartoon from a different country.

I like the anime I watch cause it caught my attention and has managed to keep me entertained. Simple as that.
    *oh well*
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 03-12-2004 at 03:41 AM.
    Too big.

What?

I don't necessarily enjoy anime. But that does not mean I am going to call it stupid. Although in my opinion, sometimes it seems that people do watch anime just becasue it is anime or Japanese. And would have a higher regard for it even if it was crap. But this is just how it is here, I know some people like it becasue it is entertaining, to them.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Not all Japanese cartoons are good, but all good cartoons are Japanese. Or almost.
    Tom And Jerry is ok.
    Last edited by Drizzt; 03-12-2004 at 02:37 PM.
    YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR THE DARK; YOU SHOULD ONLY FEAR WHAT IT HIDES.
    YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR THE LIGHT; YOU SHOULD ONLY FEAR THE TRUTH IT UNCOVERS.
    "I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now as I shall not pass this way again."
    "I'll say it loud here by your grave / those angels can't ever take my place."

“What's one, and one, and, and one, and one, and one, and one, and one, and one?”
    “I don't know,” said Alice.
    “I lost count.”
    "She Can't do Addition.”
    - Lewis Carroll

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Preach on Maddox. The hate will never die.