Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somthing i have to say about Anime!

Default Somthing i have to say about Anime!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com/anime_nerd.html
    First go to this site and read this. I belive everything he says about anime there.
    Second just like the link said. QUIT CALLING IT ANIME ITS A DAMN CARTOON. Second its boring and stupid. Third i dont like it. With all that out plz quit calling it anime and from now on punch everyone that says it.!
    "He owes allegiance to no one,
    and will do anything for money.
    He comes and goes like the wind..."

I have to disagree entirely.

QUIT CALLING IT ANIME ITS A DAMN CARTOON
    It's called anime as it's a different style of cartoons. Firstly they have a on going plot in most cases as well as themes and deeper meanings then cartoons elsewhere. There's different styles of movies right? I mean you would consider all the movies with Chuckie the misunderstood physopathic murdering childs toy a horror movie correct? Whilst you call a movie such as, "The Core", a action movie. While "Black Sheep" is called a comedy. Anime is the same way, it's just a different style of a something larger and vague and is more defined then just 'cartoon'. That's why it's called a cratoon.

Second its boring and stupid.
    Have you even watched a episode of a anime for the full 23 minutes it's on? And I'm talking about a real good anime series like Evangelion or Full Metal Panic.

Third i dont like it.
    You can't really just say, you don't like it. I mean it's a broad genre, not all animes are the same, there's some I hate in it, and some I love. To say you hate the whole genre is just sort of stupid itself, it's like saying "I hate all comedy movies" with only watching one or two and thus assuming their all identical.

Just my opinions on this though. And in no way was this meant to be insulting to you, I just wanted to defend one of the thigns I like quite a bit, and make you see a bit of reason before disregarding the entire genre as "stupid" and "boring" so quickly.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Seriously, you can't judge anime unless you've actually seen it. This is probably the only thing that I've ever disagreed with Maddox on.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Haha, funny.. :laugh:
    the article isnt bashing anime, is just making fun of the Otakus..
    by the way, i like anime..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

We certainly shouldnt call anything by the name it's ceators give it. Instead, we should only use words we're familiar with.

Wait... that doesnt make any sense!

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I think it's funny seeing people who get all uppity about something Maddox writes when it doesn't coincide with their opinions. I think people take what he says too seriously, and if they don't like it they take it as an affront to their beliefs and character. I think it's better to just laugh at his articles, because it's always a god thing to be able to laugh at ourselves, is it not?

B2kX, I'm betting you're a number one, aren't you?
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

an unusually clever whore

Default Re: Somthing i have to say about Anime!

Originally posted by Shadow
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com/anime_nerd.html
    First go to this site and read this. I belive everything he says about anime there.
    Second just like the link said. QUIT CALLING IT ANIME ITS A DAMN CARTOON. Second its boring and stupid. Third i dont like it. With all that out plz quit calling it anime and from now on punch everyone that says it.!
    My god. You're my hero. Seriously.

Shouldn't make a difference wether I say cartoon, Zeichentrick, tegnefilm, phim hoạt họa, アニメ etc...etc....

Ni đi ni lại một điệu như nhau.

Read it, agreed with it, realised I know people like that and proceeded to write up a death list.

Anime is overrated and certainly not special.

Oh my, because it's Japanese it HAS to be good because of their mysterious, insular, only-have-a-recent-history, ex-chinese way.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

We should always be disgusted with people who enjoy things, and lump them all into the same group as the extremists.

Of Course I'm a Doctor! ShiggtyLuffLuff's Avatar

despite others opinions i love anime myself..and concerning nerds and their habits..wow that link hit it right on the money! though and im uber happy about this fact..i have yet to see a nerd dude with a decent rack *barfs at idea*

Blog Entries

No way am I gonna dismiss my favourite anime series as just cartoons.

I don't know about you guys but I can see a distinct difference between Evangelion and Rocko's Modern Life.

*goes to watch yet another captivating episode of Hellsing*

because it's Japanese it HAS to be good
    I don't like it cause it's Japanese, most people don't they like it because it's interesting and very entertaining. If your gonna argue we like it only cause it's Japanese, guess we only eat chinease food cause it's chinease, not cause it tastes good. Guess only reason any of us play Final Fantasy is cause it's Japanese. In case you couldn't tell those last few sentences were being sarcastic.
    This space intentionally left blank.

i haven't checked this site in a while it seems madox has some new bile HURAH!
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

LOL Both the link as the comments following it were sad.

I must confess, I didn't have the patience to read the comments to the very end, for they were boring as hell.

I mean, you say that anime is boring and so on, but you have both the time and patience to read that guy's comments until the end?
    It makes me wonder what you find entertaining.

I don't give a damn about baized Anime freaks, who love jap culture ... because they believe that anime = Japan.
    Actually I find the movie Lost In Translation, a good description of life in Jap (at least in tokyo), ...

But nor do I have the time or patience to listen to such people, who waste their time writing completely futile texts, about one sort of people who enjoy anime.

It just makes me feel that either that guy was at one time, someone as the people he is criticizing, or that he is simply an emotional narcissist, too assured of the veracity and value of his thoughts.

When I was younger I enjoyed Dragon Ball . :P
    And I find this, a good enough reason to justify the existence of anime. And of course you can't deny the beauty of Evangelion.
    Those are two old animes ... I don't enjoy them as much nowadays.

But at least I have the maturity to see that, at one point i loved the film Aladin by Disney, as well as those two animes ... Therefore, I depreciate comments such as the ones in your link.
    But liking an animated motion picture has nothing to do with age. It's the same thing playing computer games ... you like it or you don't, for as long as you do.

Maybe I'll see Aladin again, ... one of these days.
    YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR THE DARK; YOU SHOULD ONLY FEAR WHAT IT HIDES.
    YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR THE LIGHT; YOU SHOULD ONLY FEAR THE TRUTH IT UNCOVERS.
    "I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now as I shall not pass this way again."
    "I'll say it loud here by your grave / those angels can't ever take my place."

“What's one, and one, and, and one, and one, and one, and one, and one, and one?”
    “I don't know,” said Alice.
    “I lost count.”
    "She Can't do Addition.”
    - Lewis Carroll