Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a country...

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

Default What a country...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...sts/index.html

Looks like the perfect starting point for a total crisis in my country. I am so happy I want to kill myself. Anyway, read and judge, it's preety crazy, really.

What irks me a lot, however, is how politicians here use terrorism to get votes. However, in this case the masacre has been preety brute, and they are shutting up in respect.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I read it a few minutes ago. Terrible that it only takes a small group of human trash to cause so much damage to so many innocent people. Let's hope they're hunted down as quickly as possible.

So far as politicians using terrorism to get votes, it'll probably come later, once the shock wears off. We went a good number of months here after 9/11 before the politicians got back to politicking each other. I think even the dirtiest politician in the world has to have some sense of human decency and sympathy when something like this happens though.

Yeah, I'm just waiting to see how much time they manage to keep their mouths shut, knowing this pathetic country, not much.

I still wonder who is responsable...it does not look like an ETA attack, it's not their style, I guess it's a rebel cell against the terrorist group, ETA has never been even half as brute as this.

Bah, today I feel ashamed of being Spanish. It's amazing how all of our goverments have had such a lame way of dealing with terrorism, this could have been stopped using the word and the head, but you know, no one listents to the other and all we have then is the noise of explosions.

Geez, to think a friend was going to catch that train but fell asleep....gives me goosebumps.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd be willing to bet good money the ETA has nothing to do with it. Anyway, Spain is a supporter of the Iraqi invasion and it seems likely to be a target of Al Qaeda, especially since Bin Laden has declared Spain an official target.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Al Qaeda that was responsible for this.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea, the Spanish police just found a van with bomb detonators and arabic-language tapes, according to CNN.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is terrible. I heard the report last night, I'm hoping the groups(s) responsible can be identified and brought to justice as soon as possible. There was some speculation that it was ETA, but they've been relatively low-key lately... I wonder.

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

yea, the Spanish police just found a van with bomb detonators and arabic-language tapes, according to CNN.
    Yay, so that just leaves 87% of the world's terror organizations! =D

And although this is indeed terrible, I'm afraid it's still only ther brink of the ice-berg. Europe will continue to suffer for its impotence, untill they decide to finally fight the cancer within them, and even outside their boundries.
    Last edited by War Angel; 03-12-2004 at 09:43 PM.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

If it's Al Quaeda, Spain will have such an uprage of fury against the central goverment Aznar will crap his pants. If it's ETA, we'll have it controlled, but those a$$holes at PP will win again the elections on sunday.

If it's Al Quaeda, Spain is going to werak havoc...we still have a lot of hate for what Aznar did, and if now this people at Atocha actually died because of that decision 91% of the population oposed to...well...I see violent protests, and a whole lot of problems.

If Spain goes to war, I only hope the US backs you. Spain was there for the US all the way, so returning the favor is the least that we could do. The UN already fulfilled its role in the matter, and swiftly passed a resolution, it's cover-all response to any issue these days. Spain should fight back, and this time, more of Europe should get involved. After all, it's one thing not to get involved when the crisis is across the Atlantic, but another when the crisis is at your neighbors.
    Knock yourselves down.

A war? Against who? If Spain goes to war...um...what will we use? 1950 handguns? Slingshots? Medieval swords? Headbangs? There's no war, but I'll tell you what I fear:

During the Iraq war, Spain supported US, going against the will of 91% of the population. Of course, this lead to great frustration, and to violent attacks against Partido Popular buildings(governing party) and members, leaving one of them wounded in the hospital. Rage was very strong, and even if most people were against such attacks, some angered idiots decided to even attempt to burn some PP buildings and break the windows. More? El Corte Inglés, famous chain of shopping malls, got pillaged once. And yes, I was there, not breaking into the mall stealing what I could, of course, I was there getting royally pissed at those turds that were doing that. Of course, I left the demonstration, I don't want to be associated to such a bunch of idiotic barbarians.

OK, now, seeing this in the case of a war with people that died thousands of kilometers away...just think for a moment if Aznar's support to USA had lead to Al Quaeda attacks on our land. All the wrath unleashed against the goverment during the war, only like...ten times larger. And I fear what may come from that if such a rage uproar ever happened, who would put order? I doubt such revolution would actually have a function asides from destroying all PP, and hell, I hate PP with all my body and soul, but I don't want to hurt them, not physically, at least. What could come from this? The best would be great political inestability, next civil disorder, followed by revolution (Negative one) or, in the worst of the cases, coupe or civil war, and thats being really catastrophists, but...trust me, NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the people in this country. I wrote a long topic on another board about the degeneration and impending political chaos in Spain, I can paste it if someone is interested, but it's fairly long and explains the current situation from facts that happened back in 1931.

Edit: Oh, the king did a breif speech on TV, directed to the Spanish people. It may sound normal, but truth is the king never interferes in anything unless the situation is extreme. Last time he was on TV, it was on 1981, when Tejero atempted a coupe d'etat. I'd say this is the worst moment of political instability since that time...Christ I hate this country...but well, I'm still keeping the calm, yet some people I know are quite hysterical. I just prefer to think this happens everyday (Killings, I mean) and well...this just happened closer, but going nuts over it will not solve things.
    Last edited by Shadow Nexus; 03-12-2004 at 12:33 AM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

just think for a moment if Aznar's support to USA had lead to Al Quaeda attacks on our land. --Shadow Nexus

A group of people leaving their homes one day, putting bombs on trains, and pushing the button to explode them led to people dying. That is where the blame lies. A government supporting the US doesn't magically force people to commit murder. Place the blame where blames lies. You can't just view terrorists as an unavoidable part of the world. If people blame your government, then people are idiots.

Of course Al Quaeda is to blame directly for the attacks, thats preety obvious, anbd worries me too, it's not like there's not enough anti-ismlamism and racism in this nation to actually have more.

And then, the goverment made of Spain an objective for supporting US in war, and I must remind you all the massive concentrations held against such actions. So yes, they have a part in all of this.

then people are idiots
    Yes.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe if the US weren't gallivanting off around Iraq and trying to wait and catch Bin Laden in time for the elections, this might not have happened. WHatever the right way to fight terrorism may be, it's pretty obvious our current techniques worldwide aren't working so well.

And for the record, I don't think we should call Al Qaeda a terrorist group anymore. Terrorism at least has the one not redeeming but at least less dishonorable quality of fighting for a cause of freedom. Al Qaeda is just a group of mass murderers. Terrorists use violence as a political tool. Al Qaeda has no political goals. They just murder. This should be a police matter.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Originally posted by eestlinc
    Maybe if the US weren't gallivanting off around Iraq and trying to wait and catch Bin Laden in time for the elections, this might not have happened. WHatever the right way to fight terrorism may be, it's pretty obvious our current techniques worldwide aren't working so well.
    When something bad happens, always point the finger at the US. The US is the source of all evil in the world. Of course.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.