Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: lol, angelina jolie is a ****

No abominatrix it does not maker her a bad mother. But it does maker her a rather irresponsible mother.

Being a bad mother in my opinion means that she is not fully capable of loving the child. But being an irresponsible mother in my opinion means she is not fully capable of raising the child and giving the child all it needs to go out and be a success in the adult world.

So she may not be bad. But she probably is rather irresponsible.

She says the perfect man would be a devoted father.
    But I think she instead needs to be worrying about what the perfect mom would be like.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Find me one parent that is one-hundred percent responsible in all fields. As long as the kid is raised in a loving environment, he'll turn out fine.

The act of promiscuous sex is irresponsible, but this does not effect her parenting skills. As long as she keeps this away from the child, the child will be fine. The two acts are completly seperate, and coming from a very similiar situation, it's best for the child's emotional state. I've had so many of my mother's boyfriends come and go from my life, getting attached to one and then the two of them breaking up and me losing this person forever. It's extremely hurtful to a child, especially when the child cannot comprehend exactly what is going on and why. As long as Ms. Jolie keeps these two aspects of her life seperate (though of course always keeping her child in mind), she'll do far better than dating and breaking up, dating and breaking up until she finds the right guy. She knows what she needs, and she's taking care of it. Big deal.

And I still don't see how it's anyone's business but hers.

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    And I still don't see how it's anyone's business but hers.
    That's because it shouldn't be. People are far too nosy.

Yes, it's possible that the kid will find out about her sexual habits by the time he (or she, I wasn't bothered to read the article closely) is old enough to read. It's also possible that by the time the child is old enough to read, Angelina won't be doing those things anymore. How likely is it that the kid will encounter an article about his mother's sex life anyway, though? I wasn't exactly a typical child, but even if I were I doubt I'd have encountered any articles about celebrities' sex lives until I was around fourteen or so, just because before then I really didn't care. By that time in a child's life, morals are already rather firmly implanted in his head. It won't have no effect on his life, most likely, but it won't be nearly as strong as the values he's been taught when he's young. If I'd been a child of a single mother at fourteen and found out that my mother was having sex with multiple partners, not only would I not have been particularly surprised, I doubt I'd have judged her for it either. Frankly, I'd be happy for her keeping her personal life far away from my life, because as Ashley said, going through parents having multiple partners can be a difficult experience. (Not that I know personally, because my parents are happily married, but I've seen the effect it had on some of my friends).

And expecting an adult not to have sex just because they're not involved in a steady relationship, these days, is pretty ridiculous. Especially a twenty-eight (I think)-year old woman, since the female's libido reaches its highest around thirty.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

First off, if you think she is a bad mother for what she's doing, read this little bit from the article:

"I went for about two years with absolutely no man around me and then decided to get closer to men who were already very close friends of mine," the Oscar-winning bombshell, 28, tells the New York Post, causing a collective groan of disappointment from all the men who failed to befriend her in the past 24 months. "It's kind of an adult way of having adult relationships."

According to the fiercely frank Angelina, she's "realistic" about the odds of ever finding the "perfect man," who must also be a devoted dad to her 2-year-old son Maddox, so right now she's determined to keep her love life "very, very separate" from her home life.

"As crazy as that sounds, meeting a man in a hotel room for a few hours and then going back and putting my son to bed and not seeing that man again for a few months is about what I can handle now," the twice-divorced star tells the paper. "I can feel like a woman and get close to a man but it's not a relationship that interferes with my family.
    "

So essentially, she's doing what any normal human being does and is having sex, but she's keeping seperate from her child, which is a lot better than bringing that mess into her son's life. Not only is she going that far, read the bold text where she explains just how important her son is to her; that if a man can't accept him and lovingly raise him, then he isn't fit for a husband for her. That's smart of her, to keep her pleasure and raising her son seperate, and to acknowledge her son's well-being as a priority.

And it became our business when she told the reporter whose express purpose is to tell as many people as possible. Something tells me she could care less who knows what.

Originally posted by LH
    And it became our business when she told the reporter whose express purpose is to tell as many people as possible.
    While that's a valid point, I still don't see why that means we should care. I agree with everything you said in that post though; it seems that certain people's reading comprehension on this message board is a bit low.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Telling the press doesn't make it our business by a long shot. It just means we know about it. Not everything we hear about becomes our business.

Originally posted by The Man
    I still don't see why that means we should care.
    Agreed there. I'd hope most people have bigger things to worry about than who is doing who and why. Well, at least it summons a pleasurable image.

Originally posted by Emerald Aeris
    Telling the press doesn't make it our business by a long shot. It just means we know about it. Not everything we hear about becomes our business.
    I don't follow you there. If it wasn't meant to be the public's business, why are articles about it being printed in a public forum? My concept of "none of your business" means that I'm not going to tell you.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The articles are printed because America is obsessed with it's stars and wants to know everything about them. I don't think wanting to know their private lives necessarily makes it meant to be our business.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

it seems that certain people's reading comprehension on this message board is a bit low. -- The Man

That's not very nice

Angelina Jolie isn't a bombshell. She just has a pretty mouth.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff
    The bottom line is: If you don't like Angelina Joline having sex in hotel rooms, then don't have sex with Angelina Joline in hotel rooms. It's that simple.
    Would any guy(or girl) in their right mind do that?

What? Her mouth is frightening and ugly.

Originally posted by Del Murder
    The articles are printed because America is obsessed with it's stars and wants to know everything about them. I don't think wanting to know their private lives necessarily makes it meant to be our business.
    I think what I'm trying to say is that something like this, where she glady volunteers this information with the intent to have it be known by America, is our business because she presents it that way. Now, if MSN busted into her hotel room and took pictures of her miraculous body in action, that's no one's business.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Well of course we can know about it by the way it's presented, but I still don't see why she made it our business. Too much information. Like I said before, America is obsessed. If there wasnt a demand for this nonsense, it would never have been printed.

Originally posted by Spuuky
    What? Her mouth is frightening and ugly.
    *agrees*

She could be better mother, maybe. Or not. I don't know her, and I frankly couldn't care less about her life. She has money, and the child could be under great care when she's out having fun or whatever. She's probably only hurting herself, if anyone at all. I see no reason why this is even an issue. I could care less about celebs. You don't have to pay attention if you don't want to. I have my own life to live; I don't feel like being one of the many who read up on hollywood insider magazines or whatever.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh. Her choices don't have any bearing on me, and hopefully won't have any discernible impact on her son... at least until he reaches school and starts finding all these wacky old articles about her "sizzling bombshell babe" mother.

Lots of people sleep around, lots of people have lower moral standards than Angelina Jolie. She shouldn't receive extra criticism just because she's a celebrity. Instead, how about condemning the "Average New Zealand University Student" who has intimate relations with six complete strangers every year?

I may not agree with what she does, but my disapproval isn't really going to change a whole lot.[q=Spiff]The bottom line is: If you don't like Angelina Joline having sex in hotel rooms, then don't have sex with Angelina Joline in hotel rooms. It's that simple.
    [/q]Today's best post.