Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evanescence

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Lindz

P.S. Alison Goldfrapp of Goldfrapp, Andred Zollo of Pretty Girls Make Graves and Cerys Matthews of Catatonia.

They'll do, right?

I don't know who the last one is, but I'll look it up.

AMY LEE CAN'T SING! NOW HUSH!

I like AFI better, even though people are fans because Davey Havok has long hair now. I like the punkier stuff they used to do.

Signature by rubah. I think.

>.> Fire of Avalon, what were you smoking when you saw Ev live? Their TV performances usually aren't that great, I agree there... this is mostly because the band doesn't get a chance to warm up and get into the groove of things, and Amy completely loathes trying to rock out without a moshpit in front of her. But I've seen the band in concert... four times, and a few times on acoustic specials local radio stations hold. In concert, her voice is different from the album, mostly due to the jumping around and rocking out, but she manages it amazingly well. Acoustic she hits the album dead on. There is almost no difference at all. Please unplug your ears. I can understand not liking her voice, but the girl can sing, with amazing range (4th of July... ), and that is a fact. :P

Anywhooooooo. Obviously I really like Evanescence. It's refreshing to hear such a versatile band with such a rich sound, and the amount of work they put into their music... *_* Every lyric, every guitar riff, every orchestration... wow. I agree their lyrics aren't always that great (Amy Lee herself has admitted she thinks the music on Fallen is immature and she's ready to move on to better things), but considering a majority of Fallen was written when they were teens, I think it's forgiveable. Give the band a chance to grow.

I'm excited now that they've finally finished touring and are working on their next album. I'm really interested in how the new stuff is going to sound, now with Ben gone, and the rest of the band being more involved in the music. Two of the members, if I understand correctly, were previously involved in some heavier rock bands, and we also have an ex-Cold member, with possible Wes Borland involvement with a few tracks... *can't wait*

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I haet haet haet haet what Evanescence have done with themselves to be honest. I really dislike Fallen (My Immortal is the perfect example of how they're ruining great songs), and Origin doesn't really do it for me, though it has some pretty good songs on it (i.e. a good version of My Immortal). To me, Evanescence are a milion times better acoustic without all the guitars and crap thrown in for no more reason that to sell the albums. I much prefer their mellow eps to their albums by a long shot.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

I really, really, like them. They're one of my favorite bands and I often find myself listening to their album. Amy Lee has a great voice, and it's very distinctive (is that spelled right?). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to their next album.

I love Evanescence they appeal to the more Gothic and poetic side of me...plus the song "My Immortal" makes me cry all the time. I am a hopeless romantic and in my opinion their songs are all romantic and moody...a very good combination.

TTFN
    Lion's Angel :mog:

Banned

Originally posted by TheLion'sAngel
    the song "My Immortal" makes me cry all the time.
    [cough]wuss[/cough]

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That song is beautiful. And I don't think it's wussy. :P

Originally posted by Rye
    That song is beautiful. And I don't think it's wussy. :P
    Beautiful, maybe.
    Boring, most certainly yes.

Hmm. If you're an Evanescence fan, and play the piano, and are rich, this might be of interest to you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3711911490

Unfortunately I'm poor.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I should listen to some now

Yawn. Evanescence are nothing new, nor original. Their music is tolerable, but I wouldn't spend any money on them.

I like them,but their best songs are not in the album. They are rare and unedited, i believe.

My fav music would have to be either: My Tourniquet || Everything for you.

"Whisper" is also pretty amazing.
    YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR THE DARK; YOU SHOULD ONLY FEAR WHAT IT HIDES.
    YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR THE LIGHT; YOU SHOULD ONLY FEAR THE TRUTH IT UNCOVERS.
    "I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now as I shall not pass this way again."
    "I'll say it loud here by your grave / those angels can't ever take my place."

“What's one, and one, and, and one, and one, and one, and one, and one, and one?”
    “I don't know,” said Alice.
    “I lost count.”
    "She Can't do Addition.”
    - Lewis Carroll

Originally posted by Skogs
    Yawn. Evanescence are nothing new, nor original. Their music is tolerable, but I wouldn't spend any money on them.
    Holy crap! That is the most original and thoughtful opinion I've ever heard on Ev! :rolleyes2

People crack me up. XD Apparantly something has to be absolutely unique to be enjoyable. In that case there's nothing to be enjoyed...

Originally posted by Reyn
    Holy crap! That is the most original and thoughtful opinion I've ever heard on Ev! :rolleyes2

People crack me up. XD Apparantly something has to be absolutely unique to be enjoyable. In that case there's nothing to be enjoyed...

Maybe original isn't the right word. There has to be something that sets it apart from the rest of what's out there. Amy Lee's voice nearly does it, but doesn't succeed in carrying their music out of the depths of mediocrity.

Banned

they. are. beautiful.