Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evanescence

Yeah! I like evanescence a lot! especially bring me to life, tourniquet and my immortal!
    Raiden

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really like the acoustic version of My Immortal. When they started playing it on the radio ten times an hour with that electric stuff tossed in I was like, why did you have to do that to a song that stood so well with just the acoustic? The electric has grown on me a bit, but, meh...

Overall, I like 'em. *shrugs* I haven't heard the singer live, and as I probably never will, I'm not too concerned with how she sounds live. Heh.

didnt they just lose their lead guitarist?

yeah they are good, dont know if i would buy their album(id rather burn it)
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Originally posted by muchacho
    didnt they just lose their lead guitarist?
    Ben Moody left the band last October... he was the lead guitarist, producer, co-founder, co-writer.... blah, blah, blah. He's been since replaced by Terry Balsamo, formerly of Cold.

A lot of people think that the band's going to fall apart without him, but I think I'd have to disagree. Most of the negative points on the band (that I agree on) came from him. Over-producing, overtly basic guitar riffs, a pop/mainstream approach to writing... and from what I've read it was mainly his doing that the rest of the band were simply hired musicians.

Soo, he went off to help Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson on their albums. Now Evanescence is actually a band (instead of Amy and Ben), and we'll hopefully be in for much nicer music to come.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with Reyn. If he wants to go be with Avril Lavigne, than so be it. I think Evanescence will stay together. They're an awesome band, and will stay that way.

DAMN YOU KELLY CLARKSON, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, i like the way that their music and amy's voice blend in together.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Evanescence is deffinatly my fav. band. But why am I constantly hearing "Rip off of Linkin Park but w/ female lead" They are nothing alike. Linkin Park is more of the Rap + Rock mixed w/ Electric. I love Linkin Park and all but I mean, talk about teen angst? Listen to ALL of Linkin Park's songs compaired to Evanescence's deep poetic lyrics. Yeah, some songs seem kinda angst-y but Amy Lee's been through alot in her life and she reflects it through her music.
    **insert catchy sig**

Maître de Web d'Élite Wind Shear's Avatar

Opinion on Evanescence. Okay, it's one of my favorites. I like the way it plays the music.
    Courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in spite of it. ~ Mark Twain

Wind Shear in WikiEoFF

MILF
    - In Philippines, it's a rebel group.
    - In U.S. of A.,... err... do I have to tell you?

I very much do not like them. I used to like and respect them, but now they are horrible to me for many reasons.

1.) Most people seem to think that its a chick band, when in reality there is only 1 girl in the band.

2.) The singer, Amy, is horrible. I heard them live once, and I almost killed myself she is so bad. She can't hold a note or pitch. Its pathetic

3.) Their music videos are terrible. Bring me to life one was bad enough, but the My Immortal one was even worse. Quit bitching and laying on your back the whole song. Worse it was in black and white.

4.) They were probally the most over played band last year. I'm so sick of them.

5.) Everyone in the band is so UGLY I think Amy and all of the other guys in the band are sick looking.

...*stares at Thunder God Cid* You must be joking if those are your reasons for no longer liking their music. That's just... wow. The only valid point you mentioned was that you didn't like how Amy sings during live shows (which I can easily justify but I won't waste my time), and even so, not a single point had anything to do with their music.

I understand that singles being overplayed can get annoying, but that's only three (now four) songs out of the entire album...

Bleah. Shallow people sicken me.

People who judge people sicken me.

Because I don't like the way she sings, the way the make videos, the way they are over played, the way the look and the way others see them as makes me shallow?

Did I forget the fact that I used to like them, back when I only heard one of their songs? I hate everything else they have.

If you think im shallow for those reasons, your the shallow one.

lol, you could have mentioned you don't like any of their songs but one in the first post. :P Duh.

Anyway. Not liking a band because you think they're ugly, you don't like their videos, people have misconceptions of them, or because they're successful and are played on the radio often is shallow, and frankly horrible reasons to not like a band.

If you're going to hate someone, bring up valid points. :P