Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: March Madness Pick'em

I'll be attending Duke in 2 years once I get out of high school. So, obviously, I have them winning it all. They could win it all next year, if Luol Deng doesn't leave.

Since I attend Maryland, I'm an obvious Maryland fan. I have Maryland winning it all in my bracket for play, but my bracket for money I have Kentucky.

So as long as Kentucky or Maryland wins...it's all good. The only thing I hate about the ACC is that it's so biased with the tournament. The next 4 out of 7 sites of the ACC tournament will be in North Carolina, most of them in Greensboro. It's expensive for the other schools like Maryland (and eventually Boston College) to travel all the way down to play. Luckily next year the tournament will be in Washington D.C.

But the last 10 ACC tournaments, 7 of them were played in NC. You have teams in Florida, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and eventually New England now...that's why Duke and NC and NC State keeps winning it...but at least Maryland got one this year.

Well, there are 4 ACC schools in NC. That's more than anywhere else. However, I guess there should be a bit of variety on the site. There should be a neutral location, but unfortunately there isn't really a "neutral" site. The Big XII has had their tournament in Dallas for the past few years, and that is fairly neutral. Our area (The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex) has UT, A&M, Tx Tech, OK State, and OK fans in it. They could have the ACC tournament in Virginia, possibly. That's about as "Neutral" as you can get.

EDIT: This East Tennessee State-Cincinnati Game is really good. I have Cincy, winning, but I'm starting to root for ETSU, just to piss eest off.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 03-19-2004 at 09:44 PM.

Okay, I'm screwed. I'm 22-10 overall.

I didn't expect to get 8 losses out of the whole tournament...now I have 10 out of the first round.

Stupid Washingon, Louisville, Utah, Western Michigan, and Providence.

I got the whole first round of the Atlanta Bracket right... I only got 2 wrong yesterday, I think.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

I am done. Maryland busted my bracket and Stanford losing didn't help either.

Now if Kentucky wins or any underdog wins, I'll be happy because I hate every other team.

As long as my Final Four teams make it to the Final Four, then I'm happy.

Although I'm not happy with Maryland losing.

As a fan I want to see UNC take it. But if I was a bettin' man my money would be on UCONN.
    I'm back bitches!!!

I'm screwed too, for the most part. Atleast my Final Four is saved. With Stanford out of the way (thx Tide!), UConn should roll right through. Hopefully, Wake Forest can get rid of St. Joe's for me, and Kentucky shouldn't have a problem.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

stupid ass stanford. at least UC is still in the tourney. They better beat Illinois.

Yay. My bracket's just about over with UNC's loss last night. Now I wonder who's going to be playing Oklahoma State in the finals.

Oh well. Let us rejoice, since I am in last again.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

um, Memphis is going to beat Oklahoma State today.

Memphis beating Oklahoma State? Nah. No way. Tony Allen will have 23 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals. Just watch. Ivan McFarlin: 13 points, 12 rebounds.

Okay...my bracket is completely screwed this year. Miss St going out this early puts my bracket on life support. I had Miss St in the Final 4. Let's hope Wakeforest and Kentucky live up to my expectations.

My Final Four is still in (Duke, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, UConn).