Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Default Have you ever...

Beat the game or seen the game beat WITHOUT obtaining Lion Heart? Is it possible? I've yet to do it or see it done, and I've realized its a whole different fight without it.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Lionheart is Squall's best weapon right? Its been a while since I've played it. But I know I completed it without having his best weapon. Took ages to kill Ultimecia and Griever though.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Yes, and it's still easy. In fact, I've never beaten it with the Lionheart.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

What does Linoheart give you over the other weapons? I just assumed it was more powerful. Though it gives you another limit break as well doesnt it? I'm afraid I haven't played it for months so my memory isn't too good.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It gives you his ultimate limit break, which is (from what I am aware of) one of if not the most powerful attack in the game.

DocFrance, how do you beat it without Lion Heart?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

I assume he simply didn't get the weapon Lion Heart for Squall. It's very easy to complete the game without using Lion Heart (the limit break, that is)

Originally posted by brokensailor8335
    I used Zell's and Irvine's limits intead. They're much better and much more reliable than Lionheart. I just had those two, and Quistis for healing (100 Elixirs from the Bahamut card? Pfft... easy). All you really need is 100 Ultimas junctioned to their strength, a couple Aura and Haste spells, and the 'nads to keep their HP as low as possible, and you can get a limit break nearly every turn. It's really not that hard at all.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Thumbs up

Yes it's very possible as I beat the game twice now without having Lionheart, you can do it, it's quite easy, I used cutting trigger to beat her, and if you use that then don't attack with Squall in the third stage of the fight, coz you'll jes heal the beast, so jes use your magic! Demi and tornado are good for that stage, but you can attack at any other stage of the fight because it kicks ass!!!

join my forums please: (you'll find the link in my profile)

i think i came pretty close. this was my first time ever playing ff8. i had less than half the gfs, my squall had about 4-5k hp. um .. i never obtained the lionheart. i killed most of ultimecia's minions i believe and i felt like fighting omega weapon. with like 4(could be exaggerating) guardian forces and cura(coulda been curaga) junctioned to life, i didnt stand a chance against him. he took out one of my chars in a single move. i got scared and was frantically tried to revive him while going offensive with omega weapon. just before i casted life that character was dead. i had one character left and he didnt die because i resetted the game and overwrote that data block.
    i now stand before you 1337 with 255 stats on most the attributes on all the characters (yes, i have no life)

I beat the game with the Lionheart and without. In either case, I forgot to unlock my Limit Breaks. I still won. Laguna Card-100 Heroes! I win!

Grin

I didnt "obtain" it by myself if thats what you mean

Yes.
    I'm genuinely suprised that y'all think Lionheart is essential.

I'm genuinely suprised that y'all think Lionheart is essential
    I know whatcha mean. Personally, I think Irvine is all ya really need! ^_^ Just level him up a bit, make sure ya have a lot of Aura Stones, and a lot of ammo. It makes the ending bosses SO easy to beat!

who do get the laguna card off? and aslo where do u find 'Holy Wars'?

Ellone.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.