Thread: 100% Completion

100% Completion

I just read recently in the Official U.S. Playstation Magazine, in which a fan e-mailed saying that there's a way to get 100% completion without facing Trema at cloister 101 in the Via Infinito.

It says to first do a game in which you give the sphere to the Youth League and get as much done as you want and make sure to get the scenes you can only get from giving the sphere to them.

Then with New Game Plus, give the Sphere to New Yevon and finish off the missing percentage including only the scenes you can get by giving them the sphere.

It says that if you do this, at the end of the second game you will have 100% and see the perfect ending without having to run the via infinito to the furthest depths.

Has anyone tried this yet? If it works, thats great. I just re-started and am almost finished with chapter 2.

Also, in order to get completion, do you have to do such mini-games as:
    -Lightning Towers
    -Blitzball
    -Chocobo Ranch
    -Cloister of Trials Gunners Gauntlet
    -and who out of the suspects from Mi'hen Mystery gives you completion?

Thanks
    "Every story must have an ending."

-Auron4Ever

I was absolutely able to get 100% completion after giving the sphere to the Youth League and completing all the missions. In fact- if you buy the official game guide and follow it to the letter, you can get 100% in one game. Without ever having to do New Game+ and giving the sphere to New Yevon.

The Vio Infinitivo is a completely bonus area. You get no points for going after Trema, however you do need to get to level 20 to pick up your last Crimson Sphere (necessary to get the completion points in the Den of Woe)

Also, all the mini-game you've listed are optional... however, the Chocobo Ranch gives you pts. as long as you've caught Clasko a chocobo by the end of Chapter Three and have a CommSphere set up there so you can see a few scenes during the Commsphere viewings in Chapter 4, I believe.

For the Mi'hen Highroad, you'll get the necessary completion points for any of the suspects as long as you don't choose the Prophet! :moggie:
    Last edited by Kupo; 03-18-2004 at 02:44 PM.
    Train, train take us away... Far Away... To the future we will go...

The writings of a Kupo:moggie:

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I posted a 100% completion guide in Site Staff if anyone wants to look at it. It will be made available soon on the Front Site as soon as Site Staff is done with the FFX-2 section. Total percentage of the game is 105% I think. They added the extra percentage so you didn't have to do ALL of the game to get the perfect ending. I got 100% without beating trema or doing the Chocobo dungeon thing on M'ihen High Rd.
    Too big.

Originally posted by Kupo
    In fact- if you buy the official game guide and follow it to the letter, you can get 100% in one game. Without ever having to do New Game+ and giving the sphere to New Yevon.
    Almost. If you are referring to the Brady Games guide, it's flawed in two places. The first is simple to spot. It tells you to speak to Barali in Ch 1, but it tells you to do this in the Bikanel section. Obviously you need to do this in Bevelle. The second one is more misleading. At the beginning of Chapter 4, they have badly messed up the order of doing things, and left out a part. Other than that, it's good to go.

It says in Chapter 4 that you should:
    rest in the Cabin
    watch Crimson Spheres 2 and 3
    watch the 4 initial CommSpheres
    Speak to Paine on the Deck

when for all the points you should, and in the proper order:
    rest in the Cabin
    speak to Paine on the Deck
    watch Crimson Spheres 2 and 3
    watch the 4 initial CommSpheres
    Speak to Buddy on the Bridge
    Speak to Paine on the Bride

You miss a small percentage if you do the first.

The Via Infinito is a completely bonus area. You get no points for going after Trema
    Yes you do. It's a small amount, but it does give points.

Also, all the mini-game you've listed are optional... however, the Chocobo Ranch gives you pts. as long as you've caught Clasko a chocobo by the end of Chapter Three and have a CommSphere set up there so you can see a few scenes during the Commsphere viewings in Chapter 4, I believe.
    You also get points for opening the dungeon and completing it in Ch 5.

For the Mi'hen Highroad, you'll get the necessary completion points for any of the suspects as long as you don't choose the Prophet!
    Rin and the Prophet are worth the same points (for some weird reason) and Rikku, Calli and the mini-chocobo eater are worth the same (more than the other two). If you get Calli as the suspect however, that means that you have skipped a few things earlier in the game and lost points there. So getting Rikku or the mini-chocobo eater will get you the most points. However, it's pretty funny to watch the Prophet get caught. And there are references to FF7 if Rin is caught.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 03-20-2004 at 01:37 AM.

Cool, thanks for pointing all that out. I didn't realize the guide was so wrong! So the guide says that you don't get points for picking the Prophet-- is that part wrong too?

But in any case- I still got 100% without going all the way to Trema or opening the secret dungeon... maybe I am just special? *big hopeful eyes*

:moggie:

In one game? If so, I don't see how. Maybe you are special

Aw, thank you!

I'm pretty sure it was all in one game... even it if was New Game+, I didn't open up the dungeon or get Trema the second time through either... but now I must go test my hypothesis! *disappears into t.v. room for two weeks*

:moggie:

i did all in the book and worked around the errors, i saved very often, and I ended up with 97%, so pissed i was. The thing is, I was ontrack with the percentage, had exactly 72% i think before yunapalooza and afterwards when i had control again, i had less than the guide told me, so somewhere in the yunapalooza, i didnt get credit, wierd. I still cant figure it out.

i was going for 100 percent,and only ended the game with 89.I believe it to be because of three things:

1)i didnt go to all the places in chapter 5,like i had planed.

2)I didnt go to all those places because i leanred you have to sleep in the cabin in every chapter,in order to get a scean with completion points

3)didnt beat shinra at sphere break

edit: to answer your question ( didnt read through the posts,to lazy) you dont have to do any of the mini games I dont believe.You just need to do the sphere break against shinra

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

I got an extra !% for beating Trema, just the one I needed for 100%, so you do get % from it, maybe that its just too little.

It says to first do a game in which you give the sphere to the Youth League and get as much done as you want and make sure to get the scenes you can only get from giving the sphere to them.

Then with New Game Plus, give the Sphere to New Yevon and finish off the missing percentage including only the scenes you can get by giving them the sphere.

It says that if you do this, at the end of the second game you will have 100% and see the perfect ending without having to run the via infinito to the furthest depths.

Has anyone tried this yet? If it works, thats great. I just re-started and am almost finished with chapter 2.
    yep, it works. that 's how i got 100% in my second game.

Also, in order to get completion, do you have to do such mini-games as:
    -Lightning Towers
    -Blitzball
    -Chocobo Ranch
    -Cloister of Trials Gunners Gauntlet
    -and who out of the suspects from Mi'hen Mystery gives you completion?
    if you have a high % from your first game (~96% and above) you don't have to do any of the stuff you mentioned. besides, blitzball and the lightning towers are not worth any percentage points. as for the Miihen Mystery, I believe it's the chocobo eater that gives you the %. sorry if i'm wrong, it's been a while since i did that and well, i've been trying to get the Gippal sphere. ^^

Originally posted by Siwolae
    i've been trying to get the Gippal sphere. ^^

Ooo, has anyone gotten it yet? I'm dying to know what is on it!!!!!!

I'm dying to know what is on it!!!!!!
    well, i got it by the end of my second game. but since i want every possible thing in the game during my third game, i'm going after it again. X_X

who's on it, you ask?

(SPOILER)Auron

OH HOLY LORD!!!!

*drops everything, plays FFX-2 until she gets it*