Thread: whats you best materia set-up?

Default whats you best materia set-up?

so far one of the most amazing materia set-ups i have ever seen will kill emerald weapon in 2 - 3 moves and will kill him off in the quickest time possible 1 min 18 seconds(there might be a quicker way but i doubt it).

Have barrert with his missing score and any other armour with max links, in each link place 1 mime and 1 command counter making a total of 8 mimes and 8 command counters (all mastered).

Set his limit break to Ungarmax . Enter battle, toss him a couple of Hero Drinks to push up his damage, and hit Emerald with Ungarmax. Wait for Emerald to attack Barret, and he will counter with 8 Ungarmaxes, enough to kill Emerald outright. Ungarmax is used is because it will do the most separate hits over the shortest span of time.

any others?

Wow, that is amazing... could you do that with Cid's Venus Gospel and Highwind? I believe both deliver 30 attacks.

The only problem with your setup is that you miss out on the 50000 AP Emerald has to offer! 50000! Aye!

I was thinking small scale nifty materia combos, like...

Added Effect - Hades: for weapons
    HP Absorb - Knights: only decent way to use HP absorb
    Final Attack - Phoenix: for obvious reasons
    Steal as well - Steal: two chances to steal for the price of one

I've never really relied on materia combos to get me through the game, and all the good ones require a ridiculous amount of mastered materia, which I don't have the time or patience to do.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I just like using Added Effect - Transform, it always amazes me how many of my enemies get turned into little frogs!

My favourtie, equip Yuffie with her Conformer and power her up. Then equip her with as many counter attack materias as you can and a mastered Cover materia. Most I ever managed was 15 counters and 1 cover

Just imagine, 15x9999 = 149985 damage, every time anyone gets attacked. Just have a few exlixers/megalixers handy and you'll have no problems