Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of the Dead

Well, there's something similar to it you'll probably like. Hint: Jay Leno.

**Possible Spoilers?**

Dawn of the Dead is everything that Resident Evil the movie wish it was. This movie has mass gore, mass chaos, explosions, cute girls, and tons of killing. What more could you ask for in a movie with this subject. I thought that Dawn of the Dead portrayed almost perfectly of what people would do if that kinda thing really happened. Panic and chaos. Goriest part I'd say is the chainsaw through the girls chest That was sick. All I have to say is if you're into Resident Evil, this movie is a must see.

I thought the bite was the worst gorey part really. I dunno, maybe because I really wasnt expecting it and it was the first one but meh. The chainsaw part only lasted like a couple seconds, and the bite lasted a long time. Meh, yeah I change my mind on it was okay, it was good

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=dawn_rules

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

*SPOILERS*

It was alright, I didn't like the whole cliche' "everyone is ****ed" end (the stuff that takes place during the credits). that type of ending in a horror film has been done way to much. Also, if some virus outbreak or whatever took over entire cities, this government wouldn't hesitate to nuke the crap out of it. They ovbiously gave up on saving survivors when that big ass, important, helicopter went soaring by the mall. We only have 20,000 nukes lying around, why not use it on the undead? Maybe I missed something, but when they talked to Andy (the gun shop guy) over the walkie-talkie thing...uhhh...yeah....if they had that all along...then why the hell were they writing signs to eachother?

Other than that the movie was okay.

That's what I was wondering. If something like this were to happen, they would nuke the out of it.

*SPOILERS*

The walkie talkies were on the dog. One of them was, I mean.

Maybe they nuked other areas, big cities, but not the small town where the movie took place. That's what I assumed, at least.

They would nuke their own people? No. They would not do that. It would not only kill the zombies, but EVERY living creature on the face of North America. If we launched 20000 of them, bye bye world. It wouldnt make any sense to nuke ourselves. Even if we did live, life as we know it would cese to exist. Due to everything being gone, no technology, and everyone being horribly deformed? Do you know what radiation from these things causes?

I'll post some links.

Which brings me to another point. I hate when people say NUKE IT! People dont seem to grasp the power of a hydrogen or atomic bomb.

**Spoilers**

You don't seem to grasp the fact that the zombies took over EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE. They couldn't stop them. They took over the world. What other possible way to stop the zombies are there? Besides, you wouldn't be nuking your own people, you'd be nuking your own people's dead bodies. There were very few survivors, and as you saw at the very end of the movie, even those "survivors" died. If this were a real situation, they would have to nuke the area within, I'd say, 24 hours of outbreak. Something like this cannot be contained any other way.

Who's That?

--Spoilers--

I doubt they took over EVERYTHING. There're always remote military installations, forgotten villages on isolated islands in Micronesia, and whatnot. It says on the site that there's this virus goin' around, which is transmitted through the bites, right? There're gonna be some places unaffected, as there aren't enough people to turn into zombies to kill everyone, or they just weren't touched. I give the zombies some months before they decompose so much that they are no longer a threat, and then, hey, we win!

**Spoilers**

I give the zombies some months before they decompose so much that they are no longer a threat, and then, hey, we win!
    Haha, that is a good solution.

But that might be true how some small installations or islands were not takin over YET. But should your solution of decomposing not work, they will spread eventually, and if not, half the world is most likely already dead. They could nuke in the first place and, while a good portion would unfortunately die, it wouldn't be as drastic as half the world. If you hadn't noticed, when the sergeant or whoever was reporting on tv and they were burning the dead zombies, they were in Iraq or some foreign country like that, half-way around the world from where we are. So letting zombies run without nuking early would result in at least half the world's population being dead.

an unusually clever whore

I thought the zombies in this movie were way scarier because they moved so fast. In the original you just laughed at them because they were all slow and stuff, the characters just ran by them and whatever.

I was kind of disappointed they didn't have that scene with the helicopter, where the zombie is coming after the guy then he runs into the propellor and his head gets cut off. That part was awesome. :(

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Thunder God Cid
    They would nuke their own people? No. They would not do that. It would not only kill the zombies, but EVERY living creature on the face of North America. If we launched 20000 of them, bye bye world. It wouldnt make any sense to nuke ourselves. Even if we did live, life as we know it would cese to exist. Due to everything being gone, no technology, and everyone being horribly deformed? Do you know what radiation from these things causes?

I'll post some links.

Which brings me to another point. I hate when people say NUKE IT! People dont seem to grasp the power of a hydrogen or atomic bomb.
    I wasn't saying use every single nuke. I was saying since we have so many, why not put a couple to use? And everything was taken over. I don't think this government would give a trout about trees, animals, or other living things (even survivors) if something that horrific was going around.

Wait, why am I even posting about this in the first place? That whole stupid movie was flawed.

EDIT: I'm not stupid. I know what nasty effects a nuke can have.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Helicopter? :shiftyeyes69:

I thought it was a really good movie. There's some things that made me shake my head, like [spoilers]that man and his pregnant wife. What the eff total idiocy there[/spoilers]. What I don't understand is why the [spoilers]dog ran away at the end[/spoilers]. Oh well...

Originally posted by Sephex
    Wait, why am I even posting about this in the first place? That whole stupid movie was flawed.
    Isn't the whole point of a movie like this is to excape reality? I don't want to watch a movie about zombies roaming the earth trying to kill me if there were actually zombies trying to do so. Its supposed to be fantasy, not real.

I'm a huge horror movie fan. It ranks as my numbers one interest (With RPGs at number 2 and anime at 3. I'm such a dork.)

Anyway, when I heard about a remake of the classic Dawn of the Dead, I wasn't too happy. I figured they would never be able to come close to the masterpiece that the original was.

But, I'll admit, I was wrong. Sure, the new DOTD is nowhere near as amazing as the original. But it's certainly a good movie.

8/10