Thread: the disfigured slice of pie

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Default the disfigured slice of pie

does life ever hand you the weird looking piece of pie, but somehow it turns out to be the best piece?

I already hate being home to michigan. its cold. But I'm a firm believer of everthing happens for a reason. My brother told me to call some guy that offered him a job a while back, and after putting it off for a few days I decided to call. Expecting it to be telemarketing I had little motivation but come to find out the guy is looking for a sales training manager. After telling him about my previous sales and maketing experience, he made a few phone calls and got me in for a pre-interview interview (like a lunch date but I'll just be meeting with some execs to talk about the company). Weird stuff though, I didn't expect one call to go so well.

So what stuff have you dreaded or delayed doing, then it turned out to be really great??

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Yeah, I was pretty steadfast against going to university in the UK. My parents convinced me to go to a university open day, and I actually really liked the look of the place. So, I applied and got an offer. I'd have been stupid not to take it, and two years on here I am! Admittedly, as soon as I finish studying, I'm leaving the UK. University life here's great, but I'm not to fussed on the rest of the package.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was worried and unsure about the course I'm doing now at college, if it was the right thing, if I'd be good enough, if I'd make friends. But I enjoy it (mostly), I have done well in it so far and I've met some cool people. So that's one thing that I was worried about that turned out good. That's all I can think of right now..
    rawr

Yeah, I once was given this enormous, but really nasty-looking piece of blueberry pie. I was like "NO WAY!" but then this dude was like, "EAT IT, WAY!" so I did, and it was good.

But I haven't experienced your "metaphorically" tricky pie.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Everything I try to delay just gets worse and worse as time progresses. I also don't believe everything happens for a reason.

Oh yeah. I never really wanted to take up skiing. But I tried it and loved it. Mmmm... disfugured pie...