Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it worth it ?

Default Does it worth it ?

I mean, does it worth the money ? Is it so diffrerent ? What changed basicly, is what I'm asking.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't think it was that different. The battle system is pretty much retained from the original, and there are some good new classes and plenty of things to do. The main changes are the mission based gameplay as well as the ability learning system. Instead of job points you learn abilities based on your equipment, much like FFIX, another great game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Um, it's a completely new game with new story, sound, graphics and everything Saying it's not different because it kept the battle system is like saying all the normal numbered FFs are remakes of each other In fact, the battle system is only similar, there are elements which are different like classes and how to learn skills and gain new classes, and new elements like the judge system and the cards to manipulate that.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Whole new game ? You mean, its not ''The war of the Lion'' anymore ? The whole thing with the church conspiracy and the Zodiac-Stones(which included the darned freakin' hard Velius !) is now otaly gone ??! To be repalced by what ?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Emperor Grahf
    Whole new game ? You mean, its not ''The war of the Lion'' anymore ? The whole thing with the church conspiracy and the Zodiac-Stones(which included the darned freakin' hard Velius !) is now otaly gone ??! To be repalced by what ?
    With a story about kids being sent into a Final Fantasy world, and crystals and all that fun stuff.

It isnt Final Fantasy Tactics with different graphics, it's a whole new game with new characters and a new storyline.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Originally posted by Guu
    Um, it's a completely new game with new story, sound, graphics and everything Saying it's not different because it kept the battle system is like saying all the normal numbered FFs are remakes of each other In fact, the battle system is only similar, there are elements which are different like classes and how to learn skills and gain new classes, and new elements like the judge system and the cards to manipulate that.
    So it was you who made that description! I still think the games are very similar. The map is similar, the point of view is similar, the graphics are similar, and the unique battle system is similar.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I made that description when everyone decided it belonged as a subforum of FFT for reasons unknown, when clearly it's a new game in it's own right like the other FFs At least Sean reaslised that too and moved it back out

The graphics seem much more kiddy-like and colourful, I think, which fits better with the more light-hearted storyline. It also relies on 3D much less than FFT, partially because I don't think the GBA is capable of proper 3D like the PSX and only pseudo-3D like the SNES (you can see good use of this is Tales of Phantasia or Golden Sun on this system though.) The sound, also similar in style to FFT in places, also seems to be more lighthearted, which again fits the different atmosphere in the game.

I guess the map is similar, other than the fact you can build it yourself and choose where almost every location goes on the map.

I think there's enough changes in the battle system to make it unique enough, much like when you compare almost any other pair of FFs with each other. Actually, the one thing I didn't like about this new battle system is they removed the charge time element for when you cast spells or do other time consuming moves, and everything becomes performed instantly, thus removing quite a bit of strategy making the game much easier than FFT. The judge system is good, but I don't think that counters enough to bring the game back up to the same difficulty. It might have been intentional though, since I'm pretty sure the target audience seems to be of a lower age than for FFT. It's still fun all the same though to play.

And you can continue playing on your same saved game even after you've completed the game, and there's actually more storyline afterwards too
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

You mean, it keeps going after the ending, like Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete ? So it seem's its more like a tactiacal version of FF1 with the search for the four elemental crystals...no ? No more Ramza, Delita, big conspiracy thing ?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Emperor Grahf
    You mean, it keeps going after the ending, like Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete ? So it seem's its more like a tactiacal version of FF1 with the search for the four elemental crystals...no ? No more Ramza, Delita, big conspiracy thing ?
    NO Ramza, NO Delita, NO conspiracy. Ya know how Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII didnt have the same characters or storyline despite the fact that their names are so similar? Its like that.

The crystals arent elemental, they simply bind this fantasy world together. Marche, the main guy, is looking to destroy them, not save them. And yes, you can still do missions after the ending.

Im not usually a grammar whore because Im not too good myself, but... "does it worth it"? that doesnt sound right
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by twobitmage
    Im not usually a grammar whore because Im not too good myself, but... "does it worth it"? that doesnt sound right
    It's not.

Humm exscuse me, I know my english is pretty crapy, after all its just a second language to me. But could it be possible to keep your sacarsm and racist remarks for yourself please ? Thank you very much.

This was headed toward The Abominatrix and twobitmage btw.
    Last edited by Emperor Grahf; 03-26-2004 at 06:45 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree. Let's keep on topic please.

I recommend the game, Grahf. It's not the same as FFT, but there are enough similarities that I would recommend it to any FFT fan.

Enough similarities to bough it ? What is the story in short ? Is the Job-system similar to the original one ? If it is a complete new game, then why have they given it the same name as the other one ? Kinda confusing..though i'm quite happy to see that thres no more Velius..and Zodiac-Knight stones

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The name is sort of like how Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII have the same name, like mentioned above. The job system is similar but not the same. You gain new jobs by learning abilities with other jobs. You control the main character lost in the Tactics advance world trying to get to your home world. You form a clan and take missions to find the clues to get back home by fighting battles. I really can't explain it any better you'll just have to buy it or search the net for a better review.