Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Behind Blue Eyes

Default Behind Blue Eyes

I'm sorry if I'm going off on a rant here, but who else agrees with me that Fred Durst should die a slow and horrible death for ruining this song? This song is one of my favorites of all time, from one of my favorite bands (The Who for all you pop culture dulled people who actually think Durst wrote it.)

I hate him enough as it is for ruining Faith, and for creating such a horrible "band" in the first place, but this is the last straw. Not only did he taint it with his no-talent hack job of a career, but he's taking all the credit for writing it. Everywhere I go I see "Wow, I thought Fred was good before, but he's such an incredible artist for this song." or "I thought he sucked before, but if he can write such a masterpiece he must be good." :rage: HE DIDN'T WRITE THE ING SONG!

So, what are your thoughts on this? (I really hope this doesn't lead to flame wars or anything, but I really needed to get this off my chest.)
    lol signature

Articles

I have the actual CD, "Results May Vary", and it reads as follows:

"Behind Blue Eyes"
    Written by Pete Townsend
    Published by Abkco Music Inc. (BMI)
    Published by Careers BMG Music Publishing (BMI)
    Suloubaf Music (BMI)
    Towser Tunes, Inc. (BMI)
    As you can see, Limp Bizkit gave good ol' Pete his dues. Otherwise, there probably would've been a huge lawsuit by now.

I thought their cover of Faith was funny, because it was so irreverent, and that's what made it good. The cover of Behind Blue Eyes, however, tries to be too close to the original, but falls painfully short, and that's why it blows.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Regardless of who wrote it, it's annoying to hear Fred Durst singing those lyrics. You just want to punch the guy.

I cannot offer a defense for Fred Durst as a person because he's complete jackass, but I think he's a good artist. I think he's got a great voice and it's good to see he's using it for more than some stupid rap-rock crap. There's a ton of talent deep down trapped in an idiot's body. Kind of sad.

Limp Bizkit is the one band that I think totally screwed up a wonderful thing. Listen to the first album and then see Durst on TV and listen to his crappy rapping. I know he can make insightful and well-done music; he just doesn't because he's a dumbass and a sell-out. Maybe he's trying to straighten out his career and make an attempt to gain all the credibility he lost a few years back.

And how can you say he ruined Faith or Behind Blue Eyes? Both songs are still there in record stores for all to hear. It may even be a good thing for the original, if it's so much better and all, because it'll bring attention to it.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the original, and you can't blame Fred Durst for covering something that touched him. I don't think he's very talented, but I do think he sings it with alot of passion, which is nice to see. The people who think Fred Durst wrote it need you to push them in the right direction. Or suffer.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Banned

You don't need a reason for wanting Fred Durst dead.

Originally posted by jrgen
    You don't need a reason for wanting Fred Durst dead.
    Why? If you don't like his music, don't listen to it.

Banned

It's impossible to ignore the tard.
    Everyone listens to them and you can't turn on the
    television without having to see him and hear his extremely annoying voice.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by jrgen
    It's impossible to ignore the tard.
    Everyone listens to them and you can't turn on the
    television without having to see him and hear his extremely annoying voice.
    Nothing is impossible. Stop watching TV, der. I didn't know he'd redone the song until I was home on break two weeks ago. TV is bad for you.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I thought Hating Durst/Biskit was the cool thing to do these days. o_O I remember when worshipping him/them was the cool thing to do. It makes me regret high school.

I've not heard the song. But I'll gladly take you guys' word for it. Nothing they've done ever impressed me.

They did a great job with Faith. That is one of the best covers of all time. But with Behind Blue Eyes, I'm definetly with you on that one. "L-I-M-P... Discover" hahahahaha what a horrible cover.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the song was good from the beginning, but then you hear his voice getting all grungy in some parts of the song and then there's the last half of the song which is just dumb.

Anyway, the song is just a horribly done cover of the original. :P

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

i liek limp bizket

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

The most annoying thing about LB's cover of Behind Blue Eyes is that it doesn't contain the best part of the song. That doesn't matter, though, because they did a horrible job with the rest of it as well.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)