Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the FFs set in the same world?

Well, there would have to be a lot of years between the games to make sure that everyone in the world forgets what happened in the last game completely. I mean, Jesus died about 2000 years ago, and we still remember him.
    "Take care, Ho!"
    - Dwarf from FFIV

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Yes, but Jesus is also the most powerful GF the center of a major religion. I doubt any Christians are going to forget Him. But hardly anyone remembers Alexander the Great, who was a psychopath and did try to take over the world. Sure, there are some people who do remember him, but give it another millenium or two and I'm sure no one will.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Originally posted by DocFrance
    Yes, but Jesus is also the most powerful GF.
    xD

God: I summon Jesus, the most powerful GF! Jesus, die for their sins!

The Gospel according to Squall?
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

think about it. if your world is almost destroyed every two and a half years you dont bother to rebuild anything. and the crystles ar also in mystic quest.

Wouldnt the same hero's be around??? maybe it's like a lufia situation
    "In the end there can be only one...

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I never played the Lufia series, which situation is that?

Originally posted by Inuyasha23
    think about it. if your world is almost destroyed every two and a half years you dont bother to rebuild anything. and the crystles ar also in mystic quest.

Wouldnt the same hero's be around??? maybe it's like a lufia situation
    Obviously, there's much more than two and a half years in between each game. That's the point I've been trying to make this whole time.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Jebus should be the last summoned creature in FF28, you have to summon him to beat lucifius

God: I summon Jesus, the most powerful GF! Jesus, die for their sins!

The Gospel according to Squall?
    No, the Gospel according to Squall was apparently, "I summon, Jesus, the most powerful GF! Jesus, make them bleed!"

That's just humorous.

Anyway, no. They're not in the same worlds. Besides FFX and FFX-2. I can't stress that enough.

Yes, but Jesus is also the most powerful GF the center of a major religion. I doubt any Christians are going to forget Him. But hardly anyone remembers Alexander the Great, who was a psychopath and did try to take over the world. Sure, there are some people who do remember him, but give it another millenium or two and I'm sure no one will.
    Now that I think about it, there has been quite many psychos wanting to take over our world. Alexander, Caesar, Hannibal, Napoleon, Hitler...(doesn't want to get political, so doesn't mention any present leaders). And we've got big fat history books written about each one of them. Shouldn't it be the same in the FF world(s)?
    "Take care, Ho!"
    - Dwarf from FFIV

I think it's very possible/fun to ponder, FF's taking place on teh same world. I must admit, a year ago I would have slapped anyone who said so but alot of signs do indeed point to it. If this is the case, which came first? I'm pointing toward X seeing as how word is lately that VII took place years after X and X-2 and the Huge Materia in VII became the four crystal and then came I and II. If this is the case, just think of what Squenix holds instore for future FF's.
    **insert catchy sig**

I still wish they'd make a final one that "wraps them all up," so to speak.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

i have always thought that i was the same world but over thousands of years that has seperated them i mean we fregot that we had translated hyrographs from anceint ejept intell we found the key stone i can't think of it. and in fft the world thought that st. aljah was a good person but was the evil that was trying to destorey the world. time has erasted past civalition that we will never know about. and magic could resape the world if the keep sommening comets and trout. i geuss the world could only take so much. plus in ff 7 the world changed with the mako energy so it could come back in a different place. and in fft the flying ships were runes to them but in ff9 they where new. and the only reson that the existed was they where in a another dimtion i think i might have been where the final battle was in ff9 it was the runes of memorey was the death city. thats juct me so your ether agenst the idea of the same world or for it. but i could be bouth how know but they could tie them tother if we can figure it out so can they. thanks for your time
    nick wilson

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

If you don't mind I'd like to translate that last post.

I have always thought that it was the same world but separated over thousands of years. Time erases memory of past civilizations. For example, Hieroglyphs were indecipherable until we found the Rosetta Stone. Similarly, in Final Fantasy Tactics, (SPOILER) everyone thought that St. Aljah was a good person, but was in fact the evil that was trying to destroy the world. Magic could also reshape the world. Sephiroth seems to have done a good enough job of that by (SPOILER) summoning a comet which has no doubt changed that landscape a bit. In Final Fantasy Tactics, airships were ancient ruins, whereas in Final Fantasy 9, they were new. {This next part is beyond my ability to translate so I made up something else off the cuff.} Did you know that in Mexico, water gives you diarrhea? In the end, I guess you can be either against the idea of all the games taking place on the same world or for it, but I think that it could go either way. Who knows, until Square says for sure, we can't. KTHX <333333

Originally posted by DJzen
    If you don't mind I'd like to translate that last post.

I have always thought that it was the same world but separated over thousands of years. Time erases memory of past civilizations. For example, Hieroglyphs were indecipherable until we found the Rosetta Stone. Similarly, in Final Fantasy Tactics, (SPOILER) everyone thought that St. Aljah was a good person, but was in fact the evil that was trying to destroy the world. Magic could also reshape the world. Sephiroth seems to have done a good enough job of that by (SPOILER) summoning a comet which has no doubt changed that landscape a bit. In Final Fantasy Tactics, airships were ancient ruins, whereas in Final Fantasy 9, they were new. {This next part is beyond my ability to translate so I made up something else off the cuff.} Did you know that in Mexico, water gives you diarrhea? In the end, I guess you can be either against the idea of all the games taking place on the same world or for it, but I think that it could go either way. Who knows, until Square says for sure, we can't. KTHX <333333
    LMFAO That was great.

I don't think that they take place in the same world though.