Thread: My patented "Sublimely Magnificent Quinta-Bahamut Doc Shot Mark III"

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Default My patented "Sublimely Magnificent Quinta-Bahamut Doc Shot Mark III"

The Sublimely Magnificent Quinta-Bahamut Doc Shot Mark III

What you need:
    Classes:
    - Mime
    Skills:
    - !X-Magic
    - !Time Lv6
    - !Summon Lv5
    Spells:
    - Quick
    - Bahamut
    Equipment:
    - Anything that boosts your magic stat
    - Goldpin Helmet (cuts MP use to 50%)
    Other stuff:
    - Master the Summoner class to get the best magic boost possible
    - Use Lenna for this move (she has the highest magic stat)
    - plenty of ethers and elixirs

What you do:
    Before battle:
    - Make sure you have everything you need
    - Put the three abilities on your mime and equip everything else
    In battle:
    - Use !X-Magic to cast Bahamut, followed by Quick (you MUST cast Quick AFTER Bahamut)
    - On each turn given by Quick, use !X-Magic to summon Bahamut twice.

The results:
    Now, you should have cast the ultimate spellof FFV a total of five times in one turn. Depending on your level and magic stat (Bahamut is an armor-piercing spell and ignores the enemy's magic defense stat), the damage on one target will be very close to 9999. This means that to a single target, you can do nearly 50,000 points of damage to each target on the battlefield. Of course, this will have depleted almost all of your MP in doing this (you might not have enough to complete it in some cases). This is why I suggest the Goldpin. You'll need another character to feed the caster ethers and elixirs (I'd suggest a Chemist or somone with the Medecine ability), because your Mime won't be able to equip the !Item ability. It should also be noted that this move CANNOT be mimed.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

OK, nice.
    Signatures are for wimps?

Wait, I only cou8nted three casts of Bahamut. Bahamut, quick, bahamut, bahamut. three, not five.
    "THINK!? quit targetting my weakness!"

"you must always keep time under your jurisdiction. if you dont, it will never let you do what you want to do." -babybahamut

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

X-Magic, dude, X-Magic.

X-Magic, Bahamut, Quick, X-Magic, Bahamut, Bahamut, X-Magic, Bahamut, Bahamut. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearig that up.
    "THINK!? quit targetting my weakness!"

"you must always keep time under your jurisdiction. if you dont, it will never let you do what you want to do." -babybahamut

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I've known that trick for some time, and I occasionally use it. I'd just like to add that there are ways to mime it and to save some MP. I have a Mimic with X-Magic, Summon and Time Magic. I have the Mimic use X-Magic to cast Bahamut and Quick, then I use X-Magic to cast Bahamut-Bahamut, and then I use Mime, so s/he will summon Bahamut-Bahamut again without any extra MP cost. Then I have the next character(s) Mime it for a free Bahamut-Bahamut.

Another great killer trick, which especially works against Shinryuu, is to equip a Normal (Bare) class with X-Fight and Dimen. That character should also know 2-Swords. If you're a Normal class, you don't have to equip 2-Swords because you'll inherit it from the Ninja class if you've learned it before. Then I go into a battle, cast Quick and then X-Fight + X-Fight for 16 hits, which does massive damage, especially if there's only one enemy.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

useful for reviving too. X-magic: Quick, Life2 X-magic: Life2, Life 2 X-magic: Cure3, Bahamut (or sometimes an elixir). You've just revived everyong in your party, cured yourself and attacked or replenished your mp. I used this many a time against Omega, Shinryuu and Neo-Exdeath.
    Some people choose the path straight and narrow,
    others take the road less travelled,
    I cut through the woods

Quote Originally Posted by Danger
    useful for reviving too. X-magic: Quick, Life2 X-magic: Life2, Life 2 X-magic: Cure3, Bahamut (or sometimes an elixir). You've just revived everyong in your party, cured yourself and attacked or replenished your mp. I used this many a time against Omega, Shinryuu and Neo-Exdeath.
    You can't do that. You'd need X-Magic, White, Time, Summon, and Item in order to do all that. You wouldn't have enough ability slots - the mime only has four, including Mime.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    You can't do that. You'd need X-Magic, White, Time, Summon, and Item in order to do all that. You wouldn't have enough ability slots - the mime only has four, including Mime.
    I think they meant either have item OR summon, not both. Or that's how I understood it at least, so it works that way.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I think they meant either have item OR summon, not both. Or that's how I understood it at least, so it works that way.
    You got it my friend. I usually just use the 100% healing option when I go that way, the summon is just something that I thought of in the spur of the momment, I never worked out the logistics of it, I very well could be wrong for once....
    let it never happen again.
    Some people choose the path straight and narrow,
    others take the road less travelled,
    I cut through the woods

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wow, never thought of such combinations! Then again, i was a little kiddo when I completed the game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

This is what I used to win the first time. it was fun to discover but i don't like using it anymore because it is too OP xD