Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLose to 30 im going a bazzare combo

Default CLose to 30 im going a bazzare combo

well m lv 25 and im almost to lv 30 now im thinking to sub ninja for my red mage wich i think would be leet but wat if i sub a smn? or i caouls go ninja/drkn wich would be leet to. not to mention the damage. but i also like drg. what should i do? at one point i was gonna goe ninja/smn
    "What is a mans real dream but to wield a sword and fight for his country. Today a mans dream is to be rich and famouse. the world has changed but i intend to balance it with my blade" - Scifer

Just try them all out. We can't say what you should be. =P

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

well m lv 25 and im almost to lv 30 now im thinking to sub ninja for my red mage wich i think would be leet but wat if i sub a smn?
    O DEAR GOD DONT YOU DARE SUB NIN TO RDM!!

Please dont, i wont invite you ever. RDMs are MAGES, trust me your attk will drop like hell over the lvls and soon you wont even attack under normal circumstances.

/SMN is for extra MP, i wouldnt recommend it because thats all you get. Lvl BOTH a WHM and BLM for the spells you can get from both and switch according to your parties preference.

WHM: Cureaga, Status heals, Area Buff, Teleport, better healing potential.

BLM: Warp, Drain, Stat lower enfeebles, Escape, and area aga spells.

caouls go ninja/drkn wich would be leet to.
    And i wont invite you too. Trust me i aint being a jerk, i just dont want someone who isnt that great in my party wasting my exp time and stuff. Never sub a DRK or PLD because their bonuses arent worth it. If for spells, ur MP is crap. The DMG isnt a whole hell lot trust me.

NIN/SMN is a piece of crap too.

Try RDM/WHM, RDM/BLM, NIN/WAR, NIN/THF, SMN/WHM, or DRK/THF or WAR or SAM.

THose are the most effecient subs. This game isnt for whatever sub you can do you will be good at. Sure you can do whatever you want during your own time. But when partying, get a good subjob and dont waste 5 other people's time. Or your own since you prolly would be sitting there the entire time with no invites. People can care less about sub combos a bit under 30(but i still invite the good combos first), but after that, things get much more hairy and therefore more picky.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

A Serene Dreamer......... Julia's Avatar

He's got a good point! I tried subbing nin, it didn't go too well when I got convert. I had two times the hp than mp and when I converted,......all that extra hp was gone. WASTED. So, I stopped lolligagging and fixed up a blm sub! So much utility in a blm sub with warping and all.

Btw, I've not been in EoFF for ages. Hello! I'm back!

You can find me on FFXI in the Midgardsormr server as Altaeciana.

O DEAR GOD DONT YOU DARE SUB NIN TO RDM!!
    ive got to disagree with that..... my freinds a lv 45rdm/23ninja ive seen him play he rocks. he casts en blizzard and it gives his double wieldingswords blizzard effect. he dishes about 60-80 damage a hit maybe a little lower. he sais that people have made fun of him about his job.subjob choice but h eputs it in there face so i thinki mught go rdm/ninja heheheh i dont realy car if i dont get a party irts good soloing
    "What is a mans real dream but to wield a sword and fight for his country. Today a mans dream is to be rich and famouse. the world has changed but i intend to balance it with my blade" - Scifer

Pretty tough to solo at the level you'd have to be to do what your friend does, but I've seen a RDM/NIN or two from time to time. They sound pretty bad in theory but actually do pretty well. Perhaps more interesting, I've seen the reverse, a NIN/RDM, who would use Ninjitsu to weaken a mob against it's already natural weakness, then imbue his Katanas with that element using En spells. Simply put, that mob was not around very long at all. Then again, the mob was already weak to that element, too, so it was a special case. The only real problem I can see with this scenario is Hate. It sucks but there really is such a thing as doing too much damage. Most NINs can grab the Hate pretty easily, but a NIN who can't Tank the Agg, nor pass it off, is a soon to be dead NIN. If you go for one of these 2 combos and make it work, better hope you have more than one voker in your group...

good to see that some one had something positive to say about my combo. lol wen i hit 30 im gonna go nin/sumn for fun but only for fun. wanna tick peeps off lol. but i have resuntlydiscovered a new combo i would go after mine its a drkn/pally lol i dunt know how thats gonna be but itll be fun to experiment. isnt that what ff is all about fun? heh

my freinds a lv 45rdm/23ninja
    That alone is enough for me to say he was soloing and not hitting Incredibly Tough thing for Exp. In this scenario, he isnt facing the monsters a party would for experience(and simply he isnt going for experience). Therefore he is ok witht his. But the only reason why he rocks at that lvl is because he is over lvl 41. With Convert and Refresh he can theoritically double your MP if done right. However in a party situation, many people would call a RDM/NIN a newb combination. Theres a reason why RDMs have a B in sword skill and no A in weapons. They are mages. Simple, ask any high lvl RDM. If you wanna solo go BST, rarely anyone would invite em.

he dishes about 60-80 damage a hit maybe a little lower.
    Again vs an Incredibly Tough monster(which you should for exp in parties), he would miss miss miss and more miss...and maybe the extra 4+5 dmg.

They sound pretty bad in theory but actually do pretty well. Perhaps more interesting, I've seen the reverse, a NIN/RDM, who would use Ninjitsu to weaken a mob against it's already natural weakness, then imbue his Katanas with that element using En spells.
    Now weakening a mob is fine but En-spells are based off your Enhancing skill, so they are halved when you sub a RDM, not to mention it cannot be a Incredibly Tough mob when it counts. It probably was Easy Prey or lower which is insignificant since i can easily solo most of them without a spell or two and just my Hammer and i am a WHM.

The only real problem I can see with this scenario is Hate. It sucks but there really is such a thing as doing too much damage.
    There would be NO hate from the RDM so long as they dont strike first to generate it and stuff. THey will never outdmg a PLD,DRK,MNK,WAR, DRG,NIN and any other melee class even with En-spells. The only thing bad is when you miss the monster still gains TP and therefore use an AE. And RDMs tend to miss alot.

Most NINs can grab the Hate pretty easily, but a NIN who can't Tank the Agg, nor pass it off, is a soon to be dead NIN
    What the freak are you talking about?! NINs rarely get hate. And trust me NINs are tanks because of the skills given to it. THey cast Utesumi and then Provoke the monster to GAIN hate, and the Utesumi absorbs the dmg and they keep doing the same thing over and over as a tank. You obviously dont know a thing about a Blink Tank a NIN does. Its what they do. They are supposed to tank, but they lack the skill to KEEP aggro making them harder to do their job. Please research your job before stating it. It is misleading.><

but i have resuntlydiscovered a new combo i would go after mine its a drkn/pally lol i dunt know how thats gonna be but itll be fun to experiment.
    Try asking GrandLethal as he been one in beta. But i wouldnt say its a good combination.

isnt that what ff is all about fun?
    It is when your fun doesnt waste the time of 5 other people in the party. Seriously if your soloing i can really care less, but when you party, i care because you are going to be a detrement to the party because of your wierd subs. Sure you may be having fun, but at the expense of 5 other people, so dont.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Ok, since he asked so nicely
    I played DRK/PLD in beta for a short time, and it really doesn't work that well at all... spells are useless, the added def is minimal and you don't get any real benifit out of it. Drk I found was hard to find a good sub for... you take war or Sam and you get too much hate and die, you pick blm or thf or whatever and it really doesn't add anything... your job is a heavy hitter that doesn't take on that much hate... its a tough role, and I'd like to hear others opinions on how to play it, as I found it pretty difficult.

DRK/THF is good after lvl 60.

Sneak+Trick+Soul Eater+Last Resort+Gullitone=BAM perma hate on the PLD. ^^

Seriously do what you want, but dont complain when you dont get a party that wont invite you (especially after lvl 30).

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

You can talk and quote till the cows come home and leave again, but you can't tell me that I haven't seen Ninjas grab hate more than once without voking, I have, nor that an En spell wouldn't help regardless of what level it is. Seriously man, for all the theory and job combos you throw up here, yeah most of them are highly effective, but that doesn't mean that some other combos aren't, regardless of what you've read and wherever you've read it. I've seen it and I have friends who have tried it and loved it. None of the parties I've been in that has had one of these oddball combinations has ever complained, except when someone jokingly suggests we get a tank who doesn't have Voke.

It's not always as black and white as you seem to make it out to be.
    Last edited by Ichy; 03-31-2004 at 03:39 PM.

see what i wanna do is make a bazzare combo ,but a good one. i like summones there kool but i realy wanna get into the action thats why i picked rdm/war. my freind being lv 75 sumn sais that sumn should be main not sub but why is that can you still summon avatars if its a sub?

You can still summon Avatars, just that at lvl 75 you'll be summoning them as a lvl 37 summoner, since that's the lvl of your subjob. They basically won't be nearly as powerful as a full blown summoner at top lvl.

i see.... hmm..... ok then i might go smn/ninja for a while. but can i get the avatars if im lv 30 if i fight em with like lv 60-70 party members?

You can talk and quote till the cows come home and leave again, but you can't tell me that I haven't seen Ninjas grab hate more than once without voking, I have, nor that an En spell wouldn't help regardless of what level it is.
    You can talk all the same, i am giving the advice for this player in the best possible manner for a party and get maximum EXP, when exp is 20,000 tnl after lvl 50ish Genkai, it really pays to do maximum because anything else can make things go wrong, and death at those lvl, exp gone is not a small slice.

En-spell can help i agree, but theres a whole lot more other stuff out there that can help much much MORE. That is why i dont recommend a RDM sub or whatever just for En-spells because there are other abilities that are far stronger than En-spells. Heck En-spells arent even required for RDM. =/

Seriously man, for all the theory and job combos you throw up here, yeah most of them are highly effective, but that doesn't mean that some other combos aren't, regardless of what you've read and wherever you've read it
    Indeed i would say some combos arent so bad, but there are reasons why me, and many other people sugguest these combinations for a serious party. Because they are tried, tested and have proof they work way better than any other combination there is. Now if your joking around and wanna do whatever and not really lvl seriously, i say do what you wanna do and have fun. But i have no idea if your being serious or not(exp wise), but really i can only assume serious.

It's not always as black and white as you seem to make it out to be.
    Never said that. I didnt even get that impression, i am here trying to give the best combinations of abilites/spells/bonuses/whatever of combinations of a serious exp party.

see what i wanna do is make a bazzare combo ,but a good one. i like summones there kool but i realy wanna get into the action thats why i picked rdm/war.
    Its totally ok to do a bizarre combo and try to make it work and if it does, congrats. But there are reasons why i say this and this seems to work because they offer that and that. Because it maximizes their efficientcy. Would a person with the same skill lvl, and the diff combo, one different like say SMN/WAR, and one recommended like SMN/WHM, be the same? Nope...thats all.

RDM/WAR...well its ok til lvl 30..then your melee slacks no matter the sub, seriously if you want action, try maybe DRK? They have spells and attack. But RDM loses their ability to fight later as you lvl up and become essentially mages and which you should sub a mage to maximize your potential. Trust me my brother uses a RDM, he did hit ok at first, but as time went on he kept right on missing and hitting for crap 0+2 (with En), and he is a Mithra, the race with the highest DEX.

BTW SMNs are usually subbed for MP bonuses and Auto Refresh(1mp/3secs...it loses alot of value later unless you get a BRD or RDM). The trade off of this with other mage subs is that you lose alot of spells and abilities (magic attk up, and etc) that the other mage subs can offer and can help you become more versitile of a mage.

i see.... hmm..... ok then i might go smn/ninja for a while. but can i get the avatars if im lv 30 if i fight em with like lv 60-70 party members?
    SMN battles are lvl 55 minimum and up to lvl 70 for Fenrir(he isnt easy i heard, alliances get wiped from this avatar), and well i am not sure if you can do it at a low lvl...but its prolly alot more hassle and hence why its recommended for high lvl people...i dunno. =/

And i wanna say, please dont go for combinations just for cool factor...look at the job and what it can do to help define your role in the party(your mainjob=your role). And i like to ask the original poster...are you really planning to try these combinations seriously or just fooling around with em?

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3