Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The number one reason why I stopped listening to current rap music.

I don't like rap, but I've only ever heard all that mainstream crap. Yeah, they are ALL crap. I won't say anything about any underground rap as I haven't heard it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

What the god is on his head?

Also... well... Nelly was pretty awful, too. I HATE NELLY.

The only forum of rap that was good was late 80's rap like Peter said. I would not be surprised if a rap artist named "Lord Shnieezemopeezy Bling" came into the spotlight. At least 80's rap had valid lyrics and used words you can find in the dictionary. Ya know what, this reminds me of my roots when I was a Sir Mixalot fan when I was about 12 years old.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I also liked 80's rap more than the current rap. Plus a lot of groups used the music to get a message accross (like Public Enemy), rather than trying to brag about girls, cars and other junk that they didn't get in real life so they pretend they get it now.
    Figaro Castle

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

you people are all just racist.

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

I still love most any underground rap. The only famous rappers I still enjoy, are Ludacris, OLD snoop, Pac, Biggie, D12--Obie Trice, and eminem are good on their own too, Twista, and Xibit. the rest can rot, especially 50 cent, Ja Rule, Chingy, Nelly, and all the other fakes. They make kids think its about drugs and parties, and stupid catch phrases.

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Ice-T and Ice Cube were both 80s rap artists who rapped with slang/ebonics and performed songs with the theme being the killing of other people. Not much difference with the rap of today, except maybe some of the music sounding more advanced now as opposed to then.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by eestlinc
    By the way, I think we should blame <a href=http://www.livejournal.com/users/leeza>Leeza</a> for this.
    She'd be a rap natural. Maybe that's what she's been doing since her last post 'cause it's been a while.

I don't know who Chingy is because I really try to stay away from Rap. It makes my head hurt. However, I do like Eminem and bands like Linkin' Park, who are semi-rap...at least they mostly keep their clothes on in their videos, which seems to be a prerequisite for other rappers.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

rap has gotten sooo commercial these days.....such a shame....use to be so meaningful.......such a shame.......chingy is horrible and people immitate it at school.....so horrible....so what do i do? make fun of it really!

i agree with PeTeRL90! screw new age.....

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

There has never, ever been a stupider name than "Chingy".

Except maybe "Snoop Doggy Dogg", which you've got to admit is pretty darn demented.
    blaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

"Coolest newbie, ever. *hands repo man a Ciddie*"~Agent Proto

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

"P-Diddy"?

Although it's debatable if he's even rap anymore.
    Figaro Castle

Argh. >.< Chingy's music has been played quite heavily on the radio over here. He gets very annoying, very fast. Just like Nelly. =P Thurrrr. *shudders*

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

The thing that bothers me most about Rap music is the music videos.

I'm far from being a feminist, but seeing a couple of guys with their bling bling and low riding trousers and lower riding cars using terrible language and being constantly surrounded by ridiculously-thin-bikini-clad-in-the-middle-of-winter lackeys doesn't strike me as particularly appealing nor suitable for mainstream childrens telly. Meh.

I didnt listen to his new album, but his ''one call away'' song is so ghey, I didnt like it.Only good song I know of by Chingy is right thurr.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Calliope
    The thing that bothers me most about Rap music is the music videos.

I'm far from being a feminist, but seeing a couple of guys with their bling bling and low riding trousers and lower riding cars using terrible language and being constantly surrounded by ridiculously-thin-bikini-clad-in-the-middle-of-winter lackeys doesn't strike me as particularly appealing nor suitable for mainstream childrens telly. Meh.
    Yep. I hate seeing guys get rewarded for being womanisers, I also dislike the constant images of women seeming to enjoy being treated like objects. Hence why I dislike a lot about today's culture...