Thread: chocobo problem

Default chocobo problem

Hi I need some help. I've caught a few good chocobos and own all 6 stables but have no idea how to actually put a chocobo into a stable. I talk to Choco Billy and choose "Moving Chocobos" to go through the chocobos I have caught. He tells me to "Use directional pad left or right and Circle button." I press the circle button on a good chocobo and it just goes back to the normal screen and no chocobos are in the stable. Basically all I need to know is what exactly must I do get my chocobo from outside and into the stable. Thanks. -j

Non Omnis Moriar Shockwave Pulsar's Avatar

The only thing i can think of it's the key configuration... try other buttons apart from the circle
    "In Nomine Patris Et Filli Et Spiritu Sancti, Amen.
    Ave Maria Gratia Plena Dominus Tecum Benedicta Tu In Mulieribus, Et Benedictus Fructus Ventris Tui Iesu.
    Sancta Maria Mater Dei Ora Pro Nobis Pecatoribus Nunc Et In Hora Mortis Nostrae, Amen."

I've tried every button. Circle is the only one that does anything. -J

It sounds like you're pressing X. Did you change the gamepad configuration in the Config menu? (Check anyways - strange things happen.) Did you try resetting? Are you using an emulator? If so, did you recalibrate your gamepad?

I am using a PS2 and have not changed any controller configurations. Typically the X button is used to confirm selections but here Choco Bill asks me to use the circle button. The X button does nothing in the chocobo selection screen. After pressing the circle button when I find a chocobo I want to move to stable it simply goes back to the normal game screen and nothing has happened.

Do you normally use X or O as [Confirm] or to advance dialogue? I'm still unclear. Did you try mashing all the other buttons? How far do you get in the Chocobo Moving screen? You can cycle through the chocobos, but can you at least get the menu "Put it in / Let it go / Choose another one" to appear?

Oops...All I had to do was change the controller config. I forgot that I had changed it to be more like the SNES FFs. I just restarted my unfinished saved game from about a year ago. I appreciate the help! -J.

There you have it.