Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gruesome

Default Gruesome

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=540&ncid=716

So, America is still going to pull out in June? Events like this frankly scare me. How can any person involved in this feel good about dishonoring the dead, who weren't even soldiers?

Take care all.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I was going to make a thread about it too. The people who did that are animals. The people who got killed weren't even soldiers, they were civilians. And why would anyone desecrate their dead bodies? The people who did that are scum. Sometimes it's hard to think that the people in Iraq even deserve to be saved from their former dicator. Sometimes it's hard to believe the depths of human ignorance.

Do you think America should still turn government over to the Iraqi citizens in a few months?

Take care all.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I don't know what it's really like over there, just what I've seen on TV, and that's likely not very much. It's probably never going to be safe for anyone to live anywhere in the Middle East. All they do is murder each other and murder anyone who tries to stop the murdering. The Iraqis and the US and the UN will decide when to let Iraq go on its way, and in a year they'll likely have another dictator anyways. It's getting difficult to care. At least we tried.

I'd say don't give up hope, but I too am beginning to wonder if Iraq will ever be able to stand on its own. The people there have lived in such oppression for so long that perhaps there is little anyone anywhere can do to heal the situation at this point. I still believe with a proper education, they too would desire a form of government that would allow for civil liberties, and not be directly tied to Islam.

Take care all.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

God damn. That's awful.

I wish I could make those animals pay, but that would just be adding fuel to the fire.

God damn.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

I saw a picture on another forum of what was done to the victims. There's some guy standing below the mangled and charred corpse of what I'm guessing is one of the contractors having a good time watching him suspended from a bridge. I wouldn't even call most of those folks over there animals because even the nastiest of beasts are above that.

People like that make it impossible to bring freedom and security to the innocents over there. Most of these liberation efforts are futile. Look at that track record of some of those dirty bastards as far as not only leading a violent life, but propagating their violence all over their country and smothering any effort get people out of the way of it. It's past time to cut our losses and quit playing with the idealist notion that the people over there who deserve to be saved are actually able to be rescued.

I wouldn't say animals myself, but certainly misguided human beings. The day we begin to judge others as not even human is the day we ourselves are judged.

Take care all.

That's fine by me. I'm willing to take judgment because I spare no pity to anyone who can treat another human like that. I think those attackers are better described as something extremely bad.

Edit but Unne: I can't allow language like that, however much I might agree with the sentiment.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Darn right I judge them. There is no excuse for something like that. Ignorance is not even an excuse.

What they don't understand is that Americans do not give in to acts of barbarism and gruesome violence - all they're doing is strengthening our resolve.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Fair enough, fair enough.

Still, I stand by my stance that we are all indeed humans, though deeds can be done by us that are terrible and can not be forgiven. It only shows how weak humans can be. Yet, to put them below us is dangerous because then one might begin to border on self-righteousness. I am in no way defending the actions. I made this thread to express my outrage, but humans did this, and that, is the very core of all the problems of the world. We can blame problems on weapons, or lies, science, religion, but people created all of this. We must take a serious look at ourselves and try to figure out how anyone could become so filled with hate and without remorse, or else the tragedies will only continue to repeat themselves.

How will the world respond? Will we hunt them down, or continue to stand pat?

Take care all.

If my military knows what they're doing (and I know they do), they'll stand their ground, not retaliating or retreating. The American occupation is, and should be the epitomy of "loving thy enemy." We will be like a steel wall, unwaivering against this storm of brutality.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

I certainly hope so. Or else, all hell will again break lose and we might have Somalia again.

Take care all.

Default Re: Gruesome

Originally posted by The Captain
    How can any person involved in this feel good about dishonoring the dead, who weren't even soldiers?
    Originally posted by Dr Unne
    The people who got killed weren't even soldiers, they were civilians.
    It wouldn't be equally as horrific if the dead were soldiers? Soldiers or civilians, it should never be acceptable to act in such a way.