Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why did it happen to Vivi? (spoiler warning)

why did it happen nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna compete it now im only at disc 4 and it is broke have to buy a new game

You have to remember that Vivi was ony a proto-type to begin with, he shouldn't still be around at all, but he managed to fall into the ocean =/

The words being spoke at the end of the game(just before the final FMV) were Vivi's last few thoughts.
    After all this time, my 60 by 60 avatar site still lives...Clicky?

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by Dragonus
    The words being spoke at the end of the game(just before the final FMV) were Vivi's last few thoughts.
    *SPOILERS!!!*

There's no proof about it being Vivi or that the speaking character had died. I always thought it was all the characters who said those words in the ending. For example, Freya saying her words before her scene, Beatrix saying hers etc.

About "I guess we all have to say goodbye some day", I don't think it's because of death that they had to say goodbye - seeing as FF9's theme is life, I think it was because of life. The ending about Zidane and Dagger separating, the adventure ending and everyone going their separate ways was more like they each chose to live their own lives and said goodbye to their friends. And I know they went separate ways because when Tantalus returns to Alexandria in the ending, Dagger says, "The theater ship will arrive any minute. It's been so long... I can't wait to see everyone."
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 04-02-2004 at 04:44 PM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD

There's no proof about it being Vivi or that the speaking character had died. I always thought it was all the characters who said those words in the ending. For example, Freya saying her words before her scene, Beatrix saying hers etc.
    No proof? Then I believe Square's statement would contradict that, Square did say that Vivi was the one in the ending and it was published on their FFIX section for some time.
    After all this time, my 60 by 60 avatar site still lives...Clicky?

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by Dragonus
    No proof? Then I believe Square's statement would contradict that, Square did say that Vivi was the one in the ending and it was published on their FFIX section for some time.
    Never seen that. Do you have any proof about the statement's existence? Oh, and those who make Square web/gamesites or strategy guides aren't the game developers, so their information can also be wrong.

Besides, as someone who analyzes stories a lot, I know that there is no correct and official answer about story events. Gaps inside stories mean the reader/viewer/player can think whatever he or she decides to fill the gaps, and there is neither correct nor wrong interpretation of the storyline. So that's why, nobody can say that I'm wrong about the ending events. Of course, I can't prove you wrong either, but as I said, even if Vivi said those words, that doesn't mean he's dead. A "farewell to friends" speech doesn't mean someone dies.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Well as Vivi was manufactured it could have just as easily been a clone of him. I mean, Vivi's are a dime a dozen in FFIX.
    Figaro Castle

Originally posted by PeTeRL90
    What I'm still wondering.... is how Vivi got so many kids in such a short timespan.
    Yeah, he's only 9 for christ sake! What was he thinking? but still...

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Of course the character who spent the whole game contemplating life and death died at the end. It wouldn't have been right if he hadn't.

'Humanity' is the state of understading that which humans understand. Vivi becomes human. and you can't be sure that vivi dies, because that would be completely inverse of the relationship that zidane and Vivi made during IX. if square outrightly made him dead before zidane un-dies, IX would be camel spit in quality

Yeah everybody, first of all, Vivi doesn't die, does he? You can use him when you fight Necron! And also, will someone please tell me how to get other faces. I can only do and . HELP ME!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We're talking about him dying in the period between the final boss and the ending scene, which is likely a number of months.

The smilies are to the right of the reply box when you click 'Add Reply'. Can you not see them?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yeah, I know all that murder, I mean getting the wierduns up. I used to know loads of them, but I've forgotten.

Oh, and the ending scene part, I'll have to watch it again...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Click on [more] under the smileys box.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

i always thought it was dagger (garnet) who said those things in the last scenes, what with the talk of him taking her to new places, and plus that fact that she loved him, and it was her scene that we saw last before the final movie i think.

oh and also, i dont think vivi died, i think he found a way to cheat death, kinda like he was a mistake and was cast aside, being expected not to work, but then some how fell into the ocean, and found his way to his grandpa.
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX

Thumbs up Vivi

I know so much as to say that all of the black mages where intended to live for a year so if Vivi is nine years old then he can't be regular and even when he did "stop" The Black mage village would undoubtably revive him since they said they were trying to restart the broken ones.

So in FFIX-2 Vivi will be alive and very definately human....in nature.

So whatever the hell you think of Vivi he IS coming back.

I'm sorry i seemed to have gone a bit obsessive there. But it just get me so angry that Zidane is a vessel and Vivi is effectively a vessel so why was it that Vivi died?! Why WHY!