Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why did it happen to Vivi? (spoiler warning)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

well done Squall (even though i didnt like FF9 as much as others it was still good) hopefully he'll see the light (man i sound like an idiot from church or ive seen to many movies)
    did you read my point above about Quans point about the mist and animal thing

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    well done Squall (even though i didnt like FF9 as much as others it was still good) hopefully he'll see the light (man i sound like an idiot from church or ive seen to many movies)
    did you read my point above about Quans point about the mist and animal thing
    Yes, I did. I forgot to comment on it, though. You're correct, Homo Sapiens are also defined as animals. As for whether Spirit Energy could manifest into DNA-laden cellular membranes, your guess is as good as mine.

When we consider Final Fantasy X and X-2, the Pyreflies/Spirit Energy of the dead can manifest as Fiends, yet we don't know whether or not Fiends actually would have any cellular material. I personally don't believe they would, nor do I believe an Unsent's form would, as forms composed of Pyreflies can alter at a moment's notice ((SPOILER)such as Seymour's form does on more than one occasion), but your point that Spirit Energy could basically take on any such animal form still stands.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Just something I'd like to mention, that no one else seems to have.

The letter is written in first person, correct? (Using the word "I", etc.)

In the Japanese version of the game, the "I" that is used is one that is specifically and only used by young boys. Vivi is the only young boy that has enough relevance to the story and the letters contents to be the writer. And as mention at the beginning of this thread, it was officially stated by Square as well. I don't see why it is so hard to understand that Vivi did indeed 'stop'. The letter was meant to be a sad and poetic way of telling us that. Does everyone really need him to say, "Good God, I'm going to croak soon!" in order to believe this?

As for his 'kids', I always thought that maybe some Mist that was stagnating in the more enclosed areas of the world could have been used to make more Vivi's. I not 100% sure, but I don't think Black Mages were made with the ability to sexually reproduce. I think they had to be made with one of the Mist machines, which I think Vivi used to make his mini-mes. But this part is only my take on it.

:shoot:WOW i never knew how much people like Vivi!:shoot:

:shoot:Im kinda sad now that she's DEAD!!!!!:shoot:

:shoot::shoot::shoot:

She? Are you kidding?

Those damn smilies again... :twak: Bad nirojan!

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan
    :shoot:WOW i never knew how much people like Vivi!:shoot:

:shoot:Im kinda sad now that she's DEAD!!!!!:shoot:

Umm, dude, Vivi was a guy. Just wanted to mention that. And Camanche is right, it is quite obvious that Vivi is in fact dead. They might as well have shown you Vivi's dead body.

*takes a deep breath* first off...i liked cait sith..and second of all...*tear jerker* vivi is my favorite ff character and i would just like to say Squall of Seed...Master Quan...i salute thee...one of the reasons i admired vivi the most as a charcter..is you could do so much with his personality...this entire thread shows that....im a firm beleiver that vivi is alive but i understand everyones views on how he may have "stopped" but i really really liked vivi...with my stubborn view im sticking with that vivi's alive...in all of us *corny wink* and in that his spirit lives on in all true FF gamers!!! so in spirit...he can never die...and as for physicly...well unless i get 110% proof that he "stopped" then i will continue to believe that that little mage is still out there...waving to zidane and garnet...*raises fist while holding a tissue* thank you...*bows , trips, and tumbles away*

Quote Originally Posted by Monol
    *takes a deep breath* first off...i liked cait sith..and second of all...*tear jerker* vivi is my favorite ff character and i would just like to say Squall of Seed...Master Quan...i salute thee...one of the reasons i admired vivi the most as a charcter..is you could do so much with his personality...this entire thread shows that....im a firm beleiver that vivi is alive but i understand everyones views on how he may have "stopped" but i really really liked vivi...with my stubborn view im sticking with that vivi's alive...in all of us *corny wink* and in that his spirit lives on in all true FF gamers!!! so in spirit...he can never die...and as for physicly...well unless i get 110% proof that he "stopped" then i will continue to believe that that little mage is still out there...waving to zidane and garnet...*raises fist while holding a tissue* thank you...*bows , trips, and tumbles away*

*pats Monol on the back* Its okay Monol. Its *sniff* gonna be okay... *sniff sniff* You got another tissue?

And Cait Sith rules... *sniff*

So you do or don't think he's dead?

People, Vivi was a sweet little black mage, but he's not 'working' anymore. He goes kaput at the end of the game. How many different ways are there to phase this?

Vivi est mort! I'm not too good with other languages. Anyone else want to add?

Were you refering to me or Monol? If it was to me, yes, I believe he's dead, I'm just a little upset about it.

No, Monol. Sorry, you got your post in there before me.

Oh, okay.

It really amazes me that people can be so stubborn to very clear evidence against their arguement. It's truly a pitiful thing. Sometimes it's best to admit defeat. If all of mankind was so stubborn, we'd all live in eternal warfare.

*blinks* Um, we aren't?

Has mankind, as a whole, ever had a period of relative peace? (I'm asking this because I'm not too great with history.) There's usually always some kind of war, or rebellion, or uprising going on somewhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Camanche
    *blinks* Um, we aren't?

Has mankind, as a whole, ever had a period of relative peace? (I'm asking this because I'm not too great with history.) There's usually always some kind of war, or rebellion, or uprising going on somewhere in the world.
    Well.. that's not exactly the scale I meant and yes.. you're right. but what I meant (and didn't really specify) is that we would ALL be in eternal warfare, even amongst us as people. Everyone would KNOW they were right and that their cause was right. Of course we're all a little stubborn. I see this attitude all the time and it's a little disturbing.

I think I've looked a little too deep into this though.