Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Why did it happen to Vivi? (spoiler warning)

Squall of SeeD, I'd love to read that right now, but it is late, I have to get up earily, and well... it's mofoin' long. XD I think I will need some proper sleep to get all that into me and understand it.

Maybe I'll have some thoughts on it later, assuming my mind will be able to comprehend it.

Those words in the ending are definitely Mikoto's.
    Just look at them:

Kuja... What you did was wrong... But you gave us one
    thing... Hope... We were all created for the wrong reason, but you alone defied our fate. We do not want to forget this. We want your memory to live on forever... ...to remind us that we were not created for the wrong reason-that our life has meaning.
    I always talked about you, Zidane. How you were a very special person to us, because you taught us all how important life is. You taught me that life doesn't last forever. That's why we have to help each other and live life to the fullest. Even if you say goodbye, you'll always be in our hearts. So, I know we're not alone anymore.Why I was born... How I wanted to live... Thanks for giving me time to think. To keep doing what you set your heart on... It's a very hard thing to do. We were all so courageous...What to do when I felt lonely... That was the only thing you couldn't teach me. But we need to figure out the answer for ourselves... Everyone... Thank you. Farewell. My memories will be
    part of the sky...
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    Those words in the ending are definitely Mikoto's.
    Just look at them:
    After "...that our life has meaning," the screen fades to black and the scene with Mikoto and the Iifa Tree ends. We then have the "Some time later..." message appear on the screen and then are shown things that are occurring "some time later," most likely a year at the least (Dagger's hair has grown out again and she says it has been "so long" since she saw everyone), accompanied by new dialogue.

We then have someone who has obviously learned a lot from Zidane speaking, pinpointing it as either Vivi or Dagger, and then this person speaking in a manner that infers that they expect their death to be imminent, pinpointing Vivi, not Dagger or Mikoto. By the way, note how the speaker talks about going on adventures with Zidane and the others. Mikoto did no such thing. Vivi did.

The first set of dialogue does belong to Mikoto, but "I always talked about you, Zidane..." and all that follows are said by Vivi.
    Last edited by Squall of SeeD; 04-17-2005 at 07:57 AM.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

hmmm....well that blows my explanation out of the water...i completely agree...you got a lot of evidence backing up your reasoning so i really cant say much at the moment...eh maybe ill think of somthing later but excellent research and well done quoting most of the characters...vivi would be proud....