Thread: How long was it? *ending spoilers*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How long was it? *ending spoilers*

I can't remember seeing this being asked before but if it has feel free to shoot me. ^_^ And I won't mark spoilers since I said so in the thread title

Does anyone actually know what the length of time was between Zidane disappearing and him returning to Garnet? Was it actually said anywhere how long it took?

It seems like it must have been quite a long time since Vivi had kids, and Garnet's hair had grown back. However, it takes a while for hair to grow that long, maybe a year or two? And if it was that long, what exactly was Zidane doing in all that time? And why didn't he just go straight back to Garnet after Kuja disappeared. Maybe it's just me who is confused (as usual) but can anyone shed some light on this?
    rawr

Judging by Garnets hair length and the fact that Vivi's kids were a prety decent size, I would of thought it was about two or three years after the Iifa Tree trapped him
    After all this time, my 60 by 60 avatar site still lives...Clicky?

1-2 years is the most widely estimated time.
    What did he do??
    Well, he had to get back to Lindbulm from the Iifa Tree first, which surely is quite a long march/chocobo ride. And he had to rehearse the play with Tnatalus.
    C'mon, him just walking into the castle saying "Hi! I'm back!" would have been really boring, right?
    Anmod deore haeleth
    Sar colian
    Feothan
    Feothan
    Breost frofur
    Hael Hlysthan

I'm going to guess around 10 months to a year and a half. That just seems right to me.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Less than a year. I Want To Be Your Canary was performed on the second time by Tantalus in Garnet's 17th birthday, right?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I'd say 8-10 months. It would seem too long otherwise. What the hell was he doing all that time?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Macking those hos, I'd assume.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, I'm good with the "one year" estimate. Zidane would surely have gone straight to Alexandria if he had simply walked out; I'm guessing he was pretty well injured by the Iifa Tree's wrath and needed time to recover. After that, he staggered back to Lindblum and reunited with Tantalus, then rampaged off in the new Theatre Ship. He can't have been at Lindblum all that long after his return, since Eiko had no idea he was there.

As FFX-2 proves, though, hair growth is no reliable means of judging the passage of time.

Vivi was only 9 and he had kids! but anyway, his kids seemed pretty old, as in 6-7yrs, but that's just stupid! Dunno what you lot are on about 8-10months, would YOU let you're kids out into the big, bad world if they weren't even a year old? It musta got reeeeally lonely...

Grin

I think Vivi exploded, which made one Vivi split up into a bunch of small Vivis...^.^

Now, honestly...no-noe really knows how black mages reproduce, so, why not let Vivi be a 10 year-old father?

NEways, I'll stick with 1 year.
    Anmod deore haeleth
    Sar colian
    Feothan
    Feothan
    Breost frofur
    Hael Hlysthan

Vivi exploded? When does that happen seeing as you can use him against Necron...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Thaliel View Post
    I think Vivi exploded, which made one Vivi split up into a bunch of small Vivis...^.^
    I agreed.