Thread: The Wizard

Misery's Companion Rinoa's Knight's Avatar

The Wizard

Anyone see this movie before? It was my absolute favorite when I was a kid. I rented it like every week from Major Video (now Blockbuster Video) It stars Fred Savage, Beau Bridges, and Christian Slater. Made in like 1989 about an autistic kid who's extremely good at video games. Basically, this film was an hour and half commercial for Nintendo, but I loved it. It was also the first time anyone saw Super Mario Bros 3. The game is played in a "Video Armageddon" contest at the end of the film. Super Mario 3 was later released in the fall. Anyhoo, it's a great movie and I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it.
    I feel I am backup. I feel expendable. I feel punishable. I feel ventible. I feel worthless. I am relationshipless. I feel I live without purpose. I feel I am a waste of life. I am unstable. I feel alone.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yes, I've seen it. At the time I didn't think it was an advertisement. I liked the movie.
    Sorta like dbz in a way.
    Well, not really but sort of how they verse the bosses and .
    You know what I mean.
    I like the part when that guy uses the "glove" it's funny stuff.

Originally posted by Meat Puppet
    Yes, I've seen it. At the time I didn't think it was an advertisement. I liked the movie.
    Sorta like dbz in a way.
    Well, not really but sort of how they verse the bosses and .
    You know what I mean.
    I like the part when that guy uses the "glove" it's funny stuff.
    "I love the power glove, it's so bad." Lol, good stuff
    I feel I am backup. I feel expendable. I feel punishable. I feel ventible. I feel worthless. I am relationshipless. I feel I live without purpose. I feel I am a waste of life. I am unstable. I feel alone.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just keep your power gloves off her.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Originally posted by Del Murder
    Just keep your power gloves off her.
    Lol

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'm getting deja vu from reading "hour half long Nintendo commercial", possibly because the last time we had a "the Wizard" thread somebody mentioned the fact that it was indeed a huge Nintendo commercial; all the games were Nintendo anyway.

I want to watch it again. When I was a kid the entire thing between Savage and Philips went over my head. Plus a lot of the plot was lost because the darn thing was too long. I only watched it to get 'spoilers' on SMB3, which btw had came out already when I watched it (SMB3 coming out the follow year).

Which gets me wondering now. Since it takes some year or so to make a movie, did that mean they had SMB3 completed like two years before it came out? When did SMB3 come out in Japan? I'm confused.