Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Swan!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by brokensailor8335
    Unlike most people though, I can honestly say I NEVER watch tv...not even the news. Its been that way for about the last year and a half. Hell, I got so far away from TV I didn't even hear about the last whole Michael Jackson thing till like 5 hours after everyone else heard about it.
    You are awesome.
    goku

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

How ironic...my name is also John like him...lol.

But seriously, I NEVER watch tv...at all, whatsoever. I do own one though, but thats just for gaming and ocassional film watching purposes. If not for those, I wouldn't own one either. I don't even have any form of cable or antenna on my tv because...I don't watch.
    I like Kung-Fu.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by GokuKid749876
    I have never seen flyers for anything by any of the Bergman's, and I don't even know who Truffant is. Why do the condescending ones always live near me?

Signature by rubah. I think.

Personally, I don't find this show as repulsive as some may think. Because people are persuing happiness. I don't care what they do as long as it does not interfere with the happiness of others. If it makes you happy do it, using common sense of course.

So yeah...I don't see why being happy is so repulsive. If this is such a bad influence on women and girls, don't watch it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The fact that they constantly refer to the women as ugly is the big problem. They're called ugly over and over again, then have surgery to make them 'beautiful'... which is fine, I suppose. But then, they're sent off to a competition to prove, once more, that almost all of them still arent pretty enough.

Well, I actually watched this show for the first time.

The show isn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it's kinda useless having a therapist on the show. I mean after the surgery, of course they'll feel better.

But there was that one girl's name, I think it was Kelly, who wasn't that tall, but she wasn't even ugly at all. Actually, I thought she was pretty cute...she was even cuter with all the markings on her face.

Hmm... and people wonder why I stopped watching TV. All those kind of shows suck.
    "What are you doing?"

"Maybe killing you here is the only way to end this nightmare..."

"Yeah, you might be right."

- Silent Hill 3

At first I thought it was pretty bad, but after thinking about it for a while I came to the conclusion that I really don't care. From my perspective, that is, from the perspective of someone who doesn't care what he looks like and is even unsure if he looks good or bad, it seems like a bad idea to put yourself down, call yourself ugly and work so hard at changing something as unimportant as looks. When you put yourself in the shoes of someone who actually does care about his/her appearance, it's not so bad. I guess the women feel that they're strange looking and have a good enough sense of humor about it that they could star in a TV show set around changing their appearance. It's free surgery as far as I can tell, and that's a plus for the contestants. Who knows, maybe some of the women are in professions where like it or not physical appearance affects how much money your make, like say waitressing. Whatever. I'm not going to watch it anyway because aside from the stupidity factor, it seems boring.

I was kind of horrified at the concept at first, but then I caught an episode tonight and found out that they give each of the girls therapy as well to cure the reasons they thought they needed surgery in the first place, so I guess it all evens out in the end.
    "Sagashi tsuzukete kita yo
    Namae sae shiranai keredo
    Tada hitotsu no omoi wo
    Anata ni dewatashi takute"
    - Radical Dreamers, Chrono Cross

"Why do humans hate and hurt each other? Everyone lives under the same blue sky...
    Will there ever be any relief from the pain of losing what was precious to us?
    When will it be the day we can understand what all this loneliness and sorrow was for?
    In short, we may be repeating the same mistake we made 500 years ago..."
    - Man in Shevat, Xenogears